• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Cool name for a heavy/thrash metal band...???

AFGNCAAP

First Post
Well, there's always Purple Ice Cream Has No Bones, but you may get in trouble for that one since it's used in an RPG.

It's a bit difficult to come up with a band name, esp. if you want it to be memorable & cool. There is always the last name option (ala Strongbad's e-mail). Or maybe you could just use the number members in your band as a title (ala "The Five").

Here's just a few random names thrown out there for you to ponder.

Sinister Bend
Hoar
The Stormgods
Cacodemon
Lacerate
Gutpunch
Phetysh
Crunchbucket
Zeitgeist

Hey, if Godsmack can get their band name from another band's song title, why can't you? Possible ideas (straight up tiles & modified ones):

Grinder
Damage Case
Scum of the Earth
Diamonds and Rus
Snaggletooth
Orion
Rattlehead

Just a few names to get you thinking. Are you going for a completely unique sound, or are you going for something like an existing band's sound (or a combination of some bands' sounds)? If anything, the sound of your music should have an impact on your name (if you want, of course).

dougmander

Explorer
zdanboy said:
Welcome....
But none of those names strike me as super cool to use....anyone would be so nice and throw a couple of names in my way???

How about:

The Ritual Love-Death
or
The Immolated Kings

(Both are chapter titles from a Joseph Campbell mythology book. I always thought they would make great metal band names).

No matter which name you choose, remember to Google it first. I had a great name for my band (that is, the band I will form when we have a cool name), but it turns out there's already a band called The Gods Hate Kansas.

ArcOfCorinth

First Post
Pit Fiend
Lifedrinker
Mortal Hunter
Soul Eater
Wight
Devil's Tongue
Love's Pain
Red Fester
Forbidden Speech
Death by Thorns