• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Freedom Force

Goodsport

Explorer
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp In the spirit of this thread: a new PC game was released this week called Freedom Force, a quasi-homage/spoof of the Silver Age era (i.e. early-mid 1960's) of superhero comic books.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I've only had a little bit of time to play it as of yet (due to work and stuff), but so far it's pretty fun. And the graphics are good, too. :)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Has anyone else here played it?

-G

Utrecht

First Post
I have been eying this one - I wanted to see what the consenses was before dropping any money into it - but what I have heard has been good - and will likely purchase.

The only bad thing that I have seen is that the Single Player campaign may be kind of short (10 -20 hours)

Supposedly, they are going to supplement the heck out of it ala the Sims......

I am also waiting for Dungeon Seige and Superpower (but first retuns on this one are not so good.)

The Crimster

First Post
I am playing - and enjoying - the HECK out of Freedom Force.

The Superhero game curse is truly and finally broken.

Three cheers to Irrational Games.

The Crimster

Neowolf

First Post
I haven't had a chance to play the full version yet, but the demo nearly made me fall out of my chair with joy. Every cheesy superhero fantasy I ever had, right there at my finger tips! :D

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
The Crimster said:
Three cheers to Irrational Games.

Who, coincidentally enough, is who Sagiro works for! He didn't design Freedom Force - that was the Australian office - but it's the same company.

Cool, eh?

Lazybones

Adventurer
I'm waiting for the reviews, but I'm encouraged by what you guys are saying! Looks like a great month or two for new games (after a disappointing Xmas, IMO).

LB

xjp

First Post
I refuse to accept that such a game exists. It is my experience that such games are discontinued during production.

Welverin

First Post
Piratecat said:

Who, coincidentally enough, is who Sagiro works for! He didn't design Freedom Force - that was the Australian office - but it's the same company.

Cool, eh?

Yes, very. So what does he do for them, specifically? Sagiro you can answer yourself, if you see this.

FF will force me to break my no EA games policy (I really hate those bastards).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads