• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Freedom Force

TalonComics

First Post
I'm really curious about this game just because it is comicbook related.

I might be overly optimistic here but does anyone else feel like the super hero genre is making a comeback?

Between the Spider-Man and Blade 2 movies, the numerous super hero RPGs being released and now this game I actually don't feel like I'm a fan of a dying hobby anymore. :)

Adapt or die: Looks like super heroes are mutating to survive.

~Derek

hong

WotC's bitch
Piratecat said:

Who, coincidentally enough, is who Sagiro works for! He didn't design Freedom Force - that was the Australian office - but it's the same company.

Heh. And they are literally just down the road from me. Maybe I should pay them a visit to see if they have any spare copies lying around....

TalonComics said:
I'm really curious about this game just because it is comicbook related.

I might be overly optimistic here but does anyone else feel like the super hero genre is making a comeback?

Between the Spider-Man and Blade 2 movies, the numerous super hero RPGs being released and now this game I actually don't feel like I'm a fan of a dying hobby anymore. :)

Adapt or die: Looks like super heroes are mutating to survive.

~Derek

This game rocks. I have NEVER played such a cool game in all my life. IF YOU LIKE COMIC BOOKS/SUPERHEROES THEN THIS IS THE GAME FOR YOU.

I think the genre is making a comeback (BTW is the new ed. of Champions out yet?). It's great, because it is my favorite genre.

This game will certainly help. I have heard that they are going do do bucoup add ons for it as well. Fans are putting up all kinds of custom skins of their favorite Marvel or DC characters. I have also seen some for characters like Lady Death, Shi, & Dawn.

MulhorandSage

First Post
Bonehoard Taffer said:

This game rocks. I have NEVER played such a cool game in all my life. IF YOU LIKE COMIC BOOKS/SUPERHEROES THEN THIS IS THE GAME FOR YOU.

I think the genre is making a comeback (BTW is the new ed. of Champions out yet?). It's great, because it is my favorite genre.

This game will certainly help. I have heard that they are going do do bucoup add ons for it as well. Fans are putting up all kinds of custom skins of their favorite Marvel or DC characters. I have also seen some for characters like Lady Death, Shi, & Dawn.

According to Steve Long, the books for Champions 5th edition just got back from the printer, and are making their way into the distribution channel now.

Expect them to start appearing in stores in about 2-3 weeks.

Scott Bennie

Welverin

First Post
Piratecat said:

He's a designer.

That was a dumb question, I must of been thinking of something else.

Anyway Gamespot has posted their review. It got a 9.0 and is doing slightly better with readers.

Any other reviews yet?

Last edited:

[Looks down at keyboard.]

(.0 is a 9.0, right?

Cool. I'm looking for a cool computer game to reward myself after I finish the Banewarrens. It's between this one and Dungeon Seige.

Aw, who'm I kiddin? I get them both. Somebody said Amazon had a special on them, right?

Monte At Home said:
[Looks down at keyboard.]

(.0 is a 9.0, right?

Cool. I'm looking for a cool computer game to reward myself after I finish the Banewarrens. It's between this one and Dungeon Seige.

Aw, who'm I kiddin? I get them both. Somebody said Amazon had a special on them, right?

I can't vouch for Dungeon Seige, but Freedom Force is a must. IMHO, it is the best game in any medium. It surpassed the Thief series in computer games for me and it has replaced any paper and pencil rpg that I can think of.

Welverin

First Post
As an added note to all of you PC only gamers out there Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 hit stores on Friday. Go buy it, it's good.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads