[OT, humor] So you want to learn Japanese?

Scarab

First Post
This is just too damn funny! :D

The Japanese school system is controlled by Japan's central government, which, of course, is not biased in any way (recent Japanese history textbook title: "White Demons Attempt To Take Away our Holy Motherland, But Great And Powerful Father-Emperor Deflects Them With Winds From God: The Story Of WW2").

The Japanese writing system is broken down into three separate, complete, and insane, parts: Hiragana ("those squiggily letters"), Katakana ("those boxy letters") and Kanji ("roughly 4 million embodiments of your worst nightmares").

Sodalis

First Post
I took Japanese for a period of my life- and I would have to disagree. Though it was hard and time consuming, learning all the syllables, grammar, and pictorials, I found it most rewarding to get a higher score on a test than thenative speakers... bastards.

The only thing thatbugged me was that, being engish was my primary language, there were ten tenses I hd to memorize, like every other language in the world. I eventually thought it easier to speak the universal language- Math. It does nto change through cultures- adn 5 emans 5 in every language...

Tsyr

Explorer
I continue to attempt to learn it, and yes, it can be a b... errr... bad thing, yeah.

Pride does not allow me to quit though. Besides, I really wanna learn it.

novyet

First Post
Tsyr said:
I continue to attempt to learn it, and yes, it can be a b... errr... bad thing, yeah.

Pride does not allow me to quit though. Besides, I really wanna learn it.
You know it, just a few hundred more kanji, and I may be able to decipher parts of a newspaper. Woohoo! :D

Remove ads