[OT Movies] Top 5 Fantasy Films

Harlequin

First Post
Hi

Below is the update Top 15 movies that have been voted for on the list...

I have now updated my website for this (just bored :) ) and if you want to check out the full list of Movies please do so with the link below...

http://www.geocities.com/mtgsale/Top5Fantasy.htm

There is also a message board to discuss any movies and also a section on upcoming new fantasy films (in the works) as well :)

Hope you like it...

Updated: Friday 15th February

Tally After 153 Votes [19 New Votes]

137 - [+17] Fellowship of the Ring
067 - [+07] Conan the Barbarian
054 - [+08] The Princess Bride
051 - [+07] Excalibur
050 - [+07] Willow
034 - [+02] Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
032 - [+03] Ladyhawke
030 - [+02] The 13th Warrior
027 - [+01] Dragonslayer
024 - [+08] Legend
023 - [+00] Star Wars: A New Hope
020 - [+03] Labrynth
020 - [+06] The Dark Crystal
018 - [+02] Big Trouble in Little China
018 - [+01] The Empire Strikes Back

Harlequin

Last edited:

Tiefling

First Post
Fellowship of the Ring
NBC Miniseries: The Tenth Kingdom
Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade
Shrek

Last edited:

omedon

First Post
These movies captured my imagination while I was rather young and have had a great influence upon me.

These are in no particular order

1. The Dark Crystal
2. Flight of Dragons (Cartoon)
3. The Hobbit (Cartoon)
4. The Secret of Nhym (Cartoon)
5. The Neverending Story
6. The Storyteller (A Jim Henson Series)

I still hold a special place for these shows in my heart today. I highly reccomend them to anyone interested in fantasy movies no matter what their age.

I'll give a special mention to Flight of Dragons because I think it is a relatively obscure film and many of you may not have heard of it, and you should. It is based on a combination of two books: The Flight of Dragons by Peter Dickinson, and The Dragon and George by Gordon R. Dickson. It has an exceptional cast including the voice talents of John Ritter as the hero Peter and James Earl Jones as the evil wizard Ommadon. It's theme song is performed by Don Mclean and as the title suggests there is plenty of dragony goodness.

Disregarding these childhood favorites my list would probably be:

1. The Dark Crystal
2. Crouching Tigger Hidden Dragon
3. City of the lost Children
4. Army of Darkness
5. Big Trouble in Little China

With an Honorable Mention to LOTR:FotR.
I count this as only as 1/3 of a movie. As it stands I am usure of whether I would give it the #1 or #2 spot. When the rest of the triology comes out I'm sure I will find the proper place for it on my list

Agamon

Adventurer
Well, am I glad I waited to vote. Better to push up my post count here than on the old boards, right? :D

1. LotR:FotR
2. Excalibur
3. Princess Bride
4. Braveheart
5. Monty Python & the Holy Grail

ProfAnime

Move along, nothing to see here
In no particular order my top five fantasy films would be

Fellowship of the Ring
Empire Strikes Back
Clash of the Titans
Dragonslayer
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

and I would have to give a special mention to Record of Lodoss War OAV and TV series. This is the empitome of D&D animation imo.

Cyronax

Explorer

I think its sad that the Dungeons & Dragons Movie is scoring so poorly. It had such hype and potential........

I can't say what my top five movies are (though LoTR is probably at the top), but I will say recommend that people watch (if they can track it down) the original unedited Dragonball series. Its kind of childish sometimes, but its kind of clever in its own right. It has a lot of staple fantasy elements.....that wasn't a vote for it though. One thing it is not, is one of the best fantasy movies/shows out there. It still is really entertaining though.....plus you got love the antics of an unedited Kamisenin (Turtle Elder). Anime sexual humor at its best.... :rolleyes:

Another one that comes to mind that was missed is the Watership Down animated movie. That was a good one.

C.I.D.

Wicht

Hero
I suspect in two years the top three films will all be LotR

However my current vote would be for

1) Fellowship of the Ring
2) Big Trouble in Little China
3) Princess Bride
4) Seven Samurai
5) Willow

graydoom

First Post
LotR: FotR
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
Star Wars: A New Hope
Dragonheart

I dunno, that's all accurate as I'll get.

You could actually make a poll for this, you know. Of course, it would be impossible to let people add options....

Remove ads