• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OT) NFL Playoffs

John Crichton

First Post
to ease the pain....

Since I am hurting at the moment, it's time to toss out my picks for this weekends games:

Jets @ Raiders

Jets and Raiders are the most complete teams in the AFC on both sides of the ball right now. The Raiders will not crumble like the Colts soft D and plus they know Pennington from seeing him a month ago. They won't be fooled and will be ready for him. But the Jets are executing well right now and are tough on D. This is the game of the weekend for me. This game will come down to the wire. First team to 25 points will win. I'll take the Jets in a close and well-played fight.

Steelers @ Titans

Steelers were lucky to escape last week's game with a win. If the Brown's Northcutt makes the catch on that perfect pass from Holcomb, Steelers go home. Steelers can't stop the pass right now and the Titans are simply playing better. Titans by at least a touchdown.

49ers @ Buccaneers

San Fran had to have everything go right to make it work against the Giants. They barely played well enough to win. Garcia was awesome and ripped the G-men apart win his legs, Owens was poorly defended and took advantage of it. The Bucs will eat Garcia alive if he tries the same thing. Tampa Bay doesn't give up many points at home but has had scoring problems. Tampa will scrounge up enough points to make it to the championship game, even if it takes 6 FG's.

Falcons @ Eagles

Vick did not win the game again the Packers, they beat themselves and Atlanta played well enough to win. Vick will not be able to scramble against the Philly D and that takes away one of the only weapons they have on offence. No matter who plays QB for Philly, they will score at least 20 points at home and I don't see Altanta scoring that many points. Eagles are a lock in this one.

jdavis

First Post
Krug said:
Heh now they're saying Giants should have gotten another chance at a kick on the last play. But I think with the way things were going, they would have flubbed it anyway.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs02/s/2003/0106/1487933.html

Any team that blows as many chances as they had to win and looses a 3 touchdown lead is in trouble, there was something wrong with that team the last quarter of that game, they folded, I don't know if a 4th chance to win would of helped them, but I sure hate a loss on a bad call, and it was a very bad call. My favored outcome for that game would of been for the 49rs to of all simualtaniously come down with horrible headcolds and walked off the field not only loosers but in complete mysery, but I just don't like th 49rs.

Predictions: Jets/Raiders I'm going to stick my neck out and say that the Jets will pull out the suprise, I will be wrong but I see this as the biggest possibility for a upset.

Titans/Steelers The Titans own the Steelers, if they are healty they should win, Tommy Maddox could make me wrong though.

Eagles/Falcons This game will show if the Falcons are for real, they just might be a great team in the future, the Eagles are a great team now, I look for a good fight and tight win for the Eagles. The McNabb-Vick rivalry is just beginning, I suggest we get used to seeing it in the years to come during playoff time.

Bucs/49rs The Bucs have a history of choking during the big game, I hope I am wrong but I see them choking on what should be a win and letting the 49rs scrape by them too. I hope they kill them but I have little faith in the Bucs.

Krug

Newshound
jdavis said:

Predictions: Jets/Raiders I'm going to stick my neck out and say that the Jets will pull out the suprise, I will be wrong but I see this as the biggest possibility for a upset.

Titans/Steelers The Titans own the Steelers, if they are healty they should win, Tommy Maddox could make me wrong though.

Eagles/Falcons This game will show if the Falcons are for real, they just might be a great team in the future, the Eagles are a great team now, I look for a good fight and tight win for the Eagles. The McNabb-Vick rivalry is just beginning, I suggest we get used to seeing it in the years to come during playoff time.

Bucs/49rs The Bucs have a history of choking during the big game, I hope I am wrong but I see them choking on what should be a win and letting the 49rs scrape by them too. I hope they kill them but I have little faith in the Bucs.

My predictions:
Raiders to just beat the Jets 31-28

Titans over Steelers 20-13

Eagles over Falcons 27-10

49ers over Bucs 17-14

Broken Fang

First Post
Since I don't care for anmy of the reamining teams these are my predictions:

NYJ 21 - OAK 17
TEN 17 - PIT 10
ATL 17 - PHI 14
SF 28 - TB 9

I want to see Atlanta and the Jets in the Superbowl. :D

Larry Fitz

First Post
My only remaining prediction, after only getting one game right last week... the winner of the Jets/Raiders game will win the super bowl. I'm not sure if the Jets will win it outright, but takehte Jets and whatever points you can get...

Bragg Battleaxe

First Post
I have seen three or four Raiders fans on here griping about Gruden being a traitor. You guys do realize that Al Davis TRADED Gruden to the Bucs right? Does anyone honestly think he 'wanted' to leave a team that was one non-fumble away from the Super Bowl. In fact, Gruden has essentially given no comments when asked about the situation in interviews.

Buccaneer

First Post
You can't "trade" a coach. The Raider's simply got compensation from the Bucs because he still had a year left on his contract. Gruden didn't have to leave, he wanted to leave for many reasons.

Remove ads