[OT] NHL Stanley Cup Finals

Quickbeam

Explorer
Since our last playoff thread was almost at the limit, I've begun this lovely new thread for hockey fans all across EN World. And just to get us started on the right note...

GO WINGS!!!

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Man, what a horrible game 7 showing for the Avs.

I think the finals are going to be a dreadful anti-climax. The Red Wings vs. The Hurricanes?

Come on.

I predict that, not only will the Wings will sweep the series, but there will be one game that is 8-0 or higher.

And no, I'm not betting any more game supplements on it;)

Crothian

First Post
I think the hurricanes will do better then most people are expecting. I don't think they can win it all, but I think they will take it to at least game six.

Yes, Quickbeam, I did have a great time at the concert. Then again, I'm one of those old farts who likes to go see 80s bands play -- although apparently there's a lot of us: the concert was sold out.

Sammy especially was a great show: he knows how to really get the audience involved. And of course, he did play "I Can't Drive 55." Kid Rock and Ted Nugent also made guest appearances (also in Red Wings jerseys!)

Anyway, just so everyone knows:

GO WINGS!!!

My prediction is Wings in game 5. I'll give the 'Canes one win. :cool:

Yuan-Ti

First Post
Let's not get cocky, Wings fans. It was GREAT fun to beat the snot out of the 'Lanche in game 7, but we should not overlook that any team who makes it to the finals is a great team (with the exception of the Capitals, who got lucky... but I say that as a former resident of the DC area who couldn't believe they kept winning in the playoffs). The Canes also had a great year. Can they beat the Wings? Yep. Will they? Probably not, but stranger things have happened. I didn't think we would beat the 'Lanche after game 5.

Still, having said all that:

GO WINGS!!!

:D

Hejdun

First Post
It depends, if the Wings win both game 1 and 2, then they'll sweep.

If Canes win either 1 or 2, it will go 6 games.

If Canes win both 1 and 2, well, I guess the detroit plane already crashed.

In short, the canes don't have a chance.

Hejdun

First Post
And a quick note concerning something said in the last thread (since nearly no one will be reading that anymore).

Yes, the Colorado fans were bad as well, and it saddens me. Both teams played honorably, it's unfortunate that the fans on BOTH sides were not so. Instead of respecting the other team, which I think both teams deserve, our fans are trashing them. Instead of ostracizing (is that the right word?) the fans of the other team when they lose, we should be talking about what a good game it was (well, maybe not after game 7...) and how both teams played tough.

Oh well, not like anything is going to change. It seems like rivalries in every sport are hateful, and that's not going to change. I just wish it would.

On a side note, I'm proud of both teams on keeping it clean. I expected at least one major fight before the series was over, and I'm glad I was wrong.

Lady Dragon

First Post
It doesn't surprise me at all that they were no fight in the series between the Wings and Av's both are finesse teams and fighting isn't really there style.

As for the next series I thinkwings in 5 they are just too good and too focused for the Canes to handle but I don't think they will blow them out every night.there will be some close games.But ultimatly the wings fire power will be to much for the Canes to handle and they won't be able to get there own shots through Hasek.

The 3 teams the Canes have played so far are not nearly as good as the wings are.New jersey has no real offense,montreal was surviving on goaltending alone and toronto was badly banged up.Yes they got some of there player back but they weren't playing 100%.

The wings are healthy and ready to take on the canes with home field advantage something the canes enjoyed during there first three series,that they will miss in the forth.

tleilaxu

First Post
wings could possibly sweep but i say 5 because it seems right to win it all in joe louis. what a great team. if they get the cup that will be 3 rings for yzerman and crew 9 or 10 for scotty bowman (in 30 years of coaching that's a cup every three years! incredible!). lots of these great players (like hasek) don't have a ring yet.

Remove ads