• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OT: Share useless Trivia!

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Zander said:
You can save a fish's life with a D6. A particular species of spotted puffer fish will normally die of loneliness if it is alone. If you drop a white D6 with black pips in the tank with your fish, it will think it is another of its kind and won't die.

So what you're saying is that puffer fish are into RPGs?

Storminator

First Post
1969 is the only calendar year (since they started of course) with no NFL championship. The 1968 NFL championship was played on December 29th, with Superbowl III to follow on January 12th. The next year the NFL and the AFL merged, making Superbowl IV the NFL championship. It was played on January 11, 1970.

PS

alsih2o

First Post
s/LaSH said:

Think Ding-Dong is a bad place name? Try Toad Suck, in Nevada or somewhere.

whilst house hunting in alabama once i did a walk thru of a home in "stinking roaches cove"

seriously

Gez

First Post
s/LaSH said:
2 is the only even prime number, while we're at it.

Since an even number is a number that can be divided by two, that ain't that much surprising.

Also, 3 is the only prime number that can be divided by 3, 5 by 5, etc.

s/LaSH said:
A katana (samurai sword) has 32,768 layers of steel in the blade.

Folded and hammered 15 times. But did you know that paper can't be folded more than 6 times (whatever the size and thickness of your initial sheet). Even 6 times, I believe it's not possible.

Gez

First Post
alsih2o said:

whilst house hunting in alabama once i did a walk thru of a home in "stinking roaches cove"

seriously

Well, silly place names are incredibly numerous. For example, we have a Sexfontaine somewhere in France (actually, that meant 6 fountains, but you can guess the meaning most people will understand).

Ziggy

First Post
Gez said:

But did you know that paper can't be folded more than 6 times (whatever the size and thickness of your initial sheet). Even 6 times, I believe it's not possible.

6 is definitely possible, just did it myself with a piece of paper (thin is the clue here). My experiments have also shown that 7 is sort of possible, but not with a sharp fold.

.Ziggy

Gez

First Post
Ziggy said:

6 is definitely possible, just did it myself with a piece of paper (thin is the clue here). My experiments have also shown that 7 is sort of possible, but not with a sharp fold.

.Ziggy

Once you reach 7, you can talk about fold anymore -- the paper is merely curved. If you use inhuman strength (like a hydraulic press engine or something), the paper won't be folded, but torn.

Frostmarrow

First Post
Alfred Nobel was reported dead in the newspapers of the time. However it was a mixup. In reality it was Alfred's brother who had died (iirc in an explosion in one of Alfred's nitroglycerin-labs). The newspapers had nothing nice to say about the him and so he got to see his own funeral so to speak.

Remove ads