[OT] Would all the Aussies, please stand up?

green slime

First Post
*Waves at Snoweel*

Hi Mate! Keep up the good work on the non-smoking.

And back on the topic:
I'm a Kiwi-born, Norfolk Island Bred (so I always refer to myself as a Norfolk Islander), Scandinavian resident. As Norfolk Island is a territory of Australia...I'll include myself in this poll.

I'm stuck in the far chilly northern reaches of this planet, the temperatures have been down to -22 this winter, it is 08:30, and the sun is STILL struggling to get past the horizon...

So I hope you lot appreciate what you have.

Snoweel

First Post
Green Slime, if only snus was legal here. That's what got me this nicotine habit in the first place.

And I think when you wake up in the mornings and look at what's laying in the bed next to you, you'll be glad you are where you are. ;)

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
OK, let's test the general Australian cricket knowledge!

Does anyone here know who Tich Freeman was? I only ask because he was my great-uncle, and a quite famous English cricket player. Points only for being able to tell me what he was famous for.

*waits for answers with interest*

green slime

First Post
Snoweel said:
Green Slime, if only snus was legal here. That's what got me this nicotine habit in the first place.

And I think when you wake up in the mornings and look at what's laying in the bed next to you, you'll be glad you are where you are. ;)

Hehe, I could send you a "roll" if you like, Not a problem. Changed my email address though, so if your interested, send your particulars (prefered poison, with RL address) to jonathan dot mckee at telia dot com

And when I awake, all I see is an empty bed; she is out in the kitchen making breakfast noises... Which is rather nice too, and she says she'd consider the move, so I'm saving my öres for that day :D

I haven't the foggiest clue about Tich Freeman. I'm a Athletics (Track and Field for any americanos treading this thread) fan.

Snoweel said:
Sydney.

WhereTF are the Sydneysiders?!?!? All the Ozzies here are either Canetoads or Mexicans. There's even more guys from Perth, even though they must be using laptops hooked up to diesel generators (though I hear electricity is coming soon).

Diesel????:mad:

I don't hold with this new fangled stuff! My difference engine runs fine on steam, thank you very much. Ye can keep your stinking diesel!

Eternalknight

First Post
Not sure about Tich Freeman... Was it most runs conceeded in a season? He was a bowler wasn't he?

And on a related note... great game of cricket today! Aussies only won by 7 runs... closest game of the season!

AussieDM

First Post
Sydneysider here!

Long time lurker and infrequent poster...

There has to me more Sydney people here.... there has to be...

hello?

And more importantly, are there any Saints fans out there as well (Rugby League that is!)

AussieDM

DDK

Banned
Banned
Re: Sydneysider here!

AussieDM said:
And more importantly, are there any Saints fans out there as well (Rugby League that is!)
I wish we got more league down here but we only get the occassional match on abc or sbs, AFAIK.

Now league.. there's a game I can get behind. Yah gotta love the way they charge into each other... the sheer bonecrackedness of it all is great! That's one of the few good things I took away from my time living and working in Queensland, an appreciation for league.

Remove ads