Otherworlds - Forbidden Kingdoms

leaghe

First Post
One of the staples of the old pulp magazines was the Aviator Hero. Will this genre be represented in Forbidden Kingdoms? Will information on aircraft and aerial combat be included?

Leaghe

Doc_Souark

Explorer
Hi ya Leage (#640 huh ~sniff~ #42 here :))

I believe the Pilot skill will cover this but Dave or Hyrum will have to say for sure. In the chapter descriptions in the old thread the Nazi era said Zeppelenns( those big gas bags that go boom !! And I'm not talking about some Game designers :D) so I'm sure not only it but Monoplanes, Bi-planes, Gyrocopters and Balloons will be in there least I hope so.

Do you remember the movie "6 Weeks in a Balloon" , could we work something like that in the Africian adventure ? Sorry for the lack of posts at my board on the adventure BTW real life did me in this week. :(

HyrumOWC

First Post
leaghe said:
One of the staples of the old pulp magazines was the Aviator Hero. Will this genre be represented in Forbidden Kingdoms? Will information on aircraft and aerial combat be included?

Leaghe

We've designed the "Expert" class to cover Aviator Heroes, master mechanics, expert drivers, and other such character types. Two of their starting of abilities are:

·Expertise: Pick any 5 skills. These form the basis of what the character is an expert in. The character gains a starting bonus of +3 to each of these skills. (Example: Expert (Pilot): Mechanic (Balloon), Mechanic (Plane), Navigation, Pilot (Balloon), Pilot (Plane). Each of these skills would have a +3 misc. bonus.)

·Jack-of-all-trades: All skills are considered class skills. The expert has no cross-class skills.

As for information on aircraft and aerial combat, there will be limited info in the Master Codex. Due to space constraints, most of the air info will be in the Game Master's Codex.

Hyrum.

Doc_Souark

Explorer
OWCs will have a booth at DunDraCon (San Fransisco Ca.) on the 15th - 17th of Feburary, Hyrum said while the hard bound books won't be ready they'll have a loose leaf binder ready for you, least that's the last I heard from him.

How long after the release of the Master's Codex will the GMC be out ? and what other extra gems of Pulpy Goodness will be covered in it ?

Remove ads