Out of Print games You Miss...

possum

First Post
Star Wars 2E.

Yeah, the game mechanics weren't that great. But there were some frickin' awesome sourcebooks for it.

QFT!

WEG had the best fluff in an RPG product that I've seen so far, and I only wish that Wizards would continue with that tradition. But, alas, they're kind of afraid to even put down concrete length numbers on a Star Destroyer now... Wow, all we know about the length of a Pellaeon-class Star Destroyer is that it's shorter than an Imperial II... Nice.

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Twilight:2000 though there is a new edition in the works. Hopefully it will feel as "REAL" as the old editions.

Living Steel: It was the setting that I loved most of all so it isn't too hard to recreate it with another system.

Dark Conspiracy: Another GDW game that I'd love to see make a comeback.

Disclaimer: IMHO, "out of print" isn't as bad as "no longer supported". I understand that Twilight:2000 is available for reprint by Far Future but there is no new material being published to support it. I've always been able to get the old stuff on EBay so accessibility to the previously published material has never really been an issue.

Last edited:

Sanzuo

First Post
A L T E R N I T Y

Seriously, what a cool sci-fi system. I think with a little refinement and maybe another edition it would have had unlimited potential for anything futuristic. I liked how gritty it was and how when a character took damage it seriously affected them.

Such a broad variety of characters you could make too... ah man. I do look longingly at the Alternity books on my shelf sometimes.

The Little Raven

First Post
Trinity - my first REAL Sci Fi GMing experience. Great campaigns, great setting, pretty nice rules.
Aberrant - while still in play around here, I sorely miss seeing more stuff added to its continuum.

I've retooled Trinity and Aberrant (and Adventure!, as well) for the Exalted 2nd Edition combat system (ticks rule, rounds drool!), and it turned out to be a ton of fun. It makes the game a bit more tactical during combat, and allows an action-movie style back-and-forth pretty well.

Jadeite

Open Gaming Enthusiast
I've retooled Trinity and Aberrant (and Adventure!, as well) for the Exalted 2nd Edition combat system (ticks rule, rounds drool!), and it turned out to be a ton of fun. It makes the game a bit more tactical during combat, and allows an action-movie style back-and-forth pretty well.

That sounds interesting. I had thought about updating it myself but couldn't decide between nWoD and Exalted (or Scion) rules. Too bad Eve Online destroyed any hope on an official updated Aeonverse.

pogminky

First Post
Anyone remeber that odd Steve Jackson Killer game? Sort of like a spy LARP. Very odd.

If we're including board games then I could rattle off a load of old GW title: Talisman, Block Wars, Warlock, Dungeon Quest, Fury of Dracula, Rogue Trooper, Judge Dredd ... and what was that insanely detailed Knight one where you had to bid for mercenaries and pay for things in cardboard gold.

Ah, those were the days.... reading Secret Wars, painting lead citadel minatures, watching really bad fantasy movies like Krull, playing great games......:)

The Little Raven

First Post
That sounds interesting. I had thought about updating it myself but couldn't decide between nWoD and Exalted (or Scion) rules.

Mine's a mix of both. I use some of the nWoD stuff (multi-stage character creation with templates; derived traits like Health, Willpower, Initiative, etc; the Attributes in the Power/Finesse/Resistance mold) but used the majority of the Exalted2 system, since it's built for demigod kung fu battles. I tweaked Psions to be roughly the power level of the Dragon-Blooded, with Aberrants being Solar-level. I've also been using hex maps for it, as well. Since I'm working on a revision to deal with some problems from our last campaign, I'm going to be dipping a little bit into D&D to add some more mini-friendly gameplay, since me and my group love playing with miniatures (and I've got tons of Trinity Battleground minis I hardly ever get to use... except the Gomorrah... he shows up in D&D sometimes).

Too bad Eve Online destroyed any hope on an official updated Aeonverse.

Yeah, I almost cried when I read Ian's post about how close it was to coming back.

Remove ads