D&D 5E Out of the Abyss in my grubby hands (pic attached)

Sacrosanct

Legend
[MENTION=15700]Sacrosanct[/MENTION]: Does the book give descriptions for all the sites mentioned on the map? I'm specifically curious to know what the Gallery of Angels and the Maze Engine are.

*spoilers***

Mostly. For individual names areas at least. The Gallery of Angels is basically a cavern full of petrified angels who can still see and hear everything. They have varying affects depending on which ones are interacted with. The Maze Engine isn't a location, but an object. It can best be described as a giant wand of wonder ;)

Benji

First Post
There's a one-page appendix with some alternate bonds and background features, just like the one in HotDQ. You can even download it for free from the WotC site. Here.

Where did you find that? I've been looking through the site for something similar for DAYS.

Nemio

First Post
Is there a tie-in for those who have played the Starter Set adventure, like they did in PotA?
If not then can anyone think of some good ideas?

*spoilers*
Since the BBEG in the Starter Set is a drow wizard referring to the Underdark should work well.
But who is he working for?

Is there a tie-in for those who have played the Starter Set adventure, like they did in PotA?
If not then can anyone think of some good ideas?

*spoilers*
Since the BBEG in the Starter Set is a drow wizard referring to the Underdark should work well.
But who is he working for?

Not really if unless you want to skip half of the Adventure.

As for Nezznar the Black Spider. Nezznar is noted as being an Adventurer like the party, he does not work for anyone, his plan seems to be take control of Wave Echo Cave, make magic items, get rich. He is a rogue drow and likely has little to no connection with other drow.

Remove ads