"Out of the Frying Pan" - Book II: Catching the Spark (Part One)

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Hey, I wanted to update the story hour this (long) weekend - but I left my notes and quote log at work and thus cannot do it. . .

So, there will likely not be an update until Wednesday at the earliest or more likely, Thursday or Friday. . .

Sorry all. .:(

Cyronax

Explorer

well then......

As a fellow DM, do tell as to how you keep your players in character. You've said before that you maintain an in character only atmosphere at your table........something i've yet to accomplish.

Also maybe you could post all of your PCs current stats...i'm kind of interested into how the group is doing.

C.I.D.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
As for staying in character:

I chastise them a lot. :D

And we have the PIG - where people pay fines for out of character comments, jokes and similar offenses. . .

As for the PC's stats - I had a thread on the old boards with their 3rd level stats, but at the end of this elven compound adventure, Martin went up to 4th and Kazrack and Ratchis went up to 5th - plus they all got magical items so their stats changed - so I will psot one or two of them tomorrow.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
They are only in levels 4th and 5th? I had guessed they were already at least 7-8 level all of them... Bizarre...

I prefer this, when they don't advance too fast, it's more enjoyable. I like low levels, and I dislike high level games :)

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
You can find the stat blocks for our heroes in this thread: Who's Who in "Out of the Frying Pan"

I have posted Jana, Kazrack and Beorth as they stand in the story right now. Before the end of the day I will post, Ratchis, Jeremy and Martin.

And then our companions that have fallen by the wayside: Malcolm and Chance.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
So you don't count Jeremy in the Fallen category...

It means it's true, he's going to resurrect...

I want to read about it!!!!

:)

Cyronax

Explorer
party dynamic

If Jeremy had stayed dead, the party dynamic would be really weird. The surviving members are all a pretty serious bunch, while Jeremy often acted as comic relief (on purpose..since Martin's gaffes definetely happen out of his control).

When i was reading through the reprised posts, I noticed what a different group we'd be reading about if Malcom, Chance, and Jeremy were all together. It would have been interesting.....

C.I.D.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Riekhan said:
In the character thread you kindly posted, what does the "com" mean in their stat blocks?:confused:

Nemmerle is an Old School D&D gamer, I bet Com means Commeliness. Once upon a time, in AD&D 1e & 2e, it was an optional stat to show physical beauty. In the D&D 3e pre-release year, it was even rumored to be officially added to the system, but it was dropped in the final release...

Did I guess correctly, Nemm?
And why only Jana has a Com stat? Is it only important for girls?
;)

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Yes, Horacio guessed correctly - "Com" stands for Comeliness.

I allow players to choose their own score or roll for it if they really want. Either way, it is just meant as a quick reference of physical beauty meant to supplement physical description.

Jana is the only one to have it listed? Oops! I'll fix that later.

Last edited:

Remove ads