• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Outcasts Forever: Issue #2 - Bucky Must Die!

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Jack watched through a scanner at the passing landscape. It was amazing to him that instantly they were flying through another time period. And it looked so much like home. His home that he grew up in as a kid. Those were better times. Before he became Bucky and his head got mixed up by that second rate super-soldier serum. But that all worked itself out to the point where Steve Rogers himself not only vouched for him and helped him out, he picked him to be his successor as Captain America.

There was no way he was gonna stand by and pass up the chance to save the original Bucky. Bucky was part of his heritage, like family. He would do everything in his power, everything within the Avengers power, to save that boy.

Gideon

First Post
Iron Man

Tony hadn't felt like this in ages. His mind raced with thoughts and ideas.

My whole armor is set up wrong, if I change the base component to include a few molecules of nitrogen and include a low amount, .2% of vibranium I can really power this thing up. Getting rid of some of the excess systems, like this worthless 'datatalk' system. At this level of power it will never be anything....

Jack's confidence had infused a new life into Tony. At least for right now.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Inside Avengers Quinjet
Somewhere/when/how
Late afternoon

Carol Danvers said:
"Less talking more co-piloting Vision IV."
Vision IV almost jumped out of his seat in his excitement. He started to head directly to the co-pilot seat before he stopped and looked to Captain America for approval first.

Once he got it, he swiftly moved to the co-polit seat, saving what looked like a smile to Vision before sitting down. As he strapped himself in, he spoke up, "I was thinking of changing my name . . . Vision IV doesn't seem proper with my brother here. Perhaps Triple A? Adam for short."

Carol's computer screen pre-flight checklist was coming up all green. With a glance back, she noted that everyone was seated and strapped in.

Radiant

First Post
Binary

Keia said:
Inside Avengers Quinjet
Somewhere/when/how
Late afternoon

Vision IV almost jumped out of his seat in his excitement. He started to head directly to the co-pilot seat before he stopped and looked to Captain America for approval first.

Once he got it, he swiftly moved to the co-polit seat, saving what looked like a smile to Vision before sitting down. As he strapped himself in, he spoke up, "I was thinking of changing my name . . . Vision IV doesn't seem proper with my brother here. Perhaps Triple A? Adam for short."

Carol's computer screen pre-flight checklist was coming up all green. With a glance back, she noted that everyone was seated and strapped in.

Carol smiles at Vision VI as she kickstarts the engines.
"Hey you can't imagine how often some of us swith their names."
Reasured that everyone is seated she gets the jet into the air. It's not exactly a smooth start, she's more used to fly commandered Shi Ar ships out of hostile starports than passenger travel but she hopes it will do.
"Adam is it then? Allright, calm down a bit and keep your eyes on the controls please, I didn't fly a jet in gravity for a while, maybe I'll need your help if we get into trouble."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Inside Avengers Quinjet
Over the Atlantic/1945
Late afternoon

Carol Danvers said:
"Adam is it then? Allright, calm down a bit and keep your eyes on the controls please, I didn't fly a jet in gravity for a while, maybe I'll need your help if we get into trouble."
"I understand, ma'am," Vision IV (Adam) replied. Instead of taking the controls however, he simply laid his hands on the console "This Quinjet is a sophisicated piece of machinery, it will not be a problem."

The takeoff and initial flight of the Quinjet was indeed rough (Piloting +9 + Roll 3 = Total 12), Jarvis's late lunch climbing in several peoples stomachs. The flight leveled out smoothly once in the bay and heading into the Atlantic.

Peering out the windows, the Quinjet appeared to be a twin propeller fighter plane. The buildings below were vintage 1950's style and size . . . a significant difference from current day.

Gideon

First Post
"Nice take off Carol. That gravity thing really screws up flying, huh?

Tony unhooks himself from his seat heading to the back of the plane.

"So why did you choose Adam there Adam? What kind of things can you do? Most names start that way. Maybe slap a Doctor up front. You could be Doctor Time or something.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Captain America (HP 5/6)

Inside Avengers Quinjet
Over the Atlantic/1945
Late afternoon

Jack looked back to the cabin of the Queenjet from his thoughts and reflections.
"Nice take off you two. Just keep your eyes open. We don't need any surprises."

He looked over at Sandman and realized how hard it was to read this man who could control every aspect of his appearance. "Rest easy friend. The take-offs are pretty powerful but, the ride is the smoothest there is."

Jack approached the Beast's seat at the monitors. "Hank, any luck scanning for whatever that anomaly was? Do you want Iron Man or the Vision to try and modify the scanners? I just don't want us being taken off guard, again. That last mission cost us way too much." With hi last comment he walked over to Redbird's perch and checked on his new partner's well-being.

tsadkiel

Legend
Beast

Nuke261 said:
Jack approached the Beast's seat at the monitors. "Hank, any luck scanning for whatever that anomaly was? Do you want Iron Man or the Vision to try and modify the scanners? I just don't want us being taken off guard, again. That last mission cost us way too much."

Hank shook his head. "Nothing yet. But if there's a transdimensional needle hidden in the temporal haystack, I will find it."

ooc: Hank scans like a Beast.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Inside Avengers Quinjet
Over the Atlantic/1945
Late afternoon

All

Iron Man said:
"So why did you choose Adam there Adam? What kind of things can you do? Most names start that way. Maybe slap a Doctor up front. You could be Doctor Time or something.
"Well, Iron Man, I shifted through 3,498 possible names with either Ultron, Adam, or Data as having equal probabilities as being acceptible. However, on learning the negative connotations involved with the Ultron appellation and the Star Trek influence from the Data appellation, I concluded on the Adam name," Adam (vision IV) elaborated. "I could theorize that it could be related to either my composition, Adamantium, or that I am the first of my kind. I had a strange desire to call myself Optimus . . . but I resisted."

Captain America said:
With hi last comment he walked over to Redbird's perch and checked on his new partner's well-being.
'Any chance I could just fly there myself and meet you there? I'd feel a lot more comfortable . . . and I wouldn't be eating my snack again,' Redwing thought into Cap's head.

Hank's computer work after a time was successful, or somewhat successful. (Computers check 30 result: 9 base + 4 quality +17 Roll)[sblock=Hank Only]The distortion is temporal in nature . . . you've only seen that signature once before - Dr. Doom's temporal pad.[/sblock]

The journey across the Atlantic is relatively quick and uneventful. Deft flying avoided a German destroyer group . . . and scanners indicated that a U.S. submarine was in the area to deal with them . . . or was it the other way around?

tsadkiel

Legend
Beast

"Captain? I've found it." Hank said. "It's definitely temporal in nature. In fact, I think I've seen it somewhere before . . . Oh dear. I have seen this before. Not to worry anyone, but I do believe that it's the same signiture as Doctor Doom's temporal pad."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads