• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Outcasts Forever: Issue #2 - Bucky Must Die!

Radiant

First Post
Binary

tsadkiel said:
"Captain? I've found it." Hank said. "It's definitely temporal in nature. In fact, I think I've seen it somewhere before . . . Oh dear. I have seen this before. Not to worry anyone, but I do believe that it's the same signiture as Doctor Doom's temporal pad."

"Why is it allways the people you'd miss least who follow you through time and space? Give me a direction I still owe the good Doctor a few words of thanks for the last time we met."
Carol grits her teeth as she adjusts course. Doom is one of the few enemies on earth that she absolutly doesn't want to tangle with, he's as smart as any Shi'ar or Kree scientist and considering her weakened powers in earth's atmosphere his armor and weapons technology just might be beyond her.
"Iron Man I really hope your new suit is as hot as it looks."

Gideon

First Post
Why don't they ever make ultra smart robots understand sarcasm? Really? How they hell are they supposed to understand life and not laugh.

Tony's thoughts took a big 180 when Carol had said something to him. Tony immidietly turned on the charm. Well, it wasn't really a choice so much as a reaction at this point. He smiled up at Carol.

"See, that is what I have been trying to tell Janet. Style and substance. That's what the clothing industry really needs."

Suddenly, Tony gives a lock of mock offense.

"Are you talkin about with the helmet on or off there hot stuff?"

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Captain America

Inside Avengers Quinjet
Over the Atlantic/1945
Late afternoon

Doom. That's the last thing we need.

"Everyone, let's stay professional here. Iron Man and Vision see if you can help Beast find anything else on the scanners." Captain America moved forward into the cockpit area of the ship. The number of reasons Doom could be here are far to great to even think about. We need to stay focused on the mission and deal with whatever else when it happens.

As he walked passed the Sandman, Cap asked, "You do have a Doctor Doom where you're from, don't you? I just assume someone like him is everywhere."

"Carol, are you and Adam doing allright? Something happens we're gonna need you and Iron Man outside. Until then I need you to keep your eyes open. Just because we think it's Doom doesn't mean it is."

Mimic

First Post
The Vision gets up and moves over to where the Beast is to help him with the scanners. (+8 computers +5 datalink = +13 total)

"Considering this is the second time we have encountered Doom in as many missions, it leads to a high probability that he is behind what has happened to this timeline. For what purpose is unclear at this time though."

Gideon

First Post
Iron Man

Nuke261 said:
Inside Avengers Quinjet
Over the Atlantic/1945
Late afternoon

Doom. That's the last thing we need.

"Everyone, let's stay professional here. "

"Your no fun at all."

Iron Man swings up by the cockpit and leaned against Carol's seat giving her a charming smile. Setting his mind on helping the team, he started examinging the computer.

"Wonder kid was doing a pretty good job on Doom earlier he didn't seem that tough. If it is in fact the same Doom from later."

OOC: Possible skills: Computers +15

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Inside Avengers Quinjet
Over the Atlantic/1945
Late afternoon

All

Captain America said:
"Carol, are you and Adam doing allright? Something happens we're gonna need you and Iron Man outside. Until then I need you to keep your eyes open. Just because we think it's Doom doesn't mean it is."
"Pardon me for asking, Captain America," Adam queried. "When you said, 'you and Iron Man', were you referring the 'you' to myself or to Binary? Both answers seem equally likely therefore I need a clarificiation."

Adam sounded like a perfect copy of Captain America's voice when he referenced the words Cap just spoke.

With both Iron Man and Vision handling the scanners as well [rolls of 14+15=29 and 19+13=32], you have easily confirmed the Beast's report. You have also determined that it was the submarine which was being hunted, not the destroyers . . . .

The temporal signature was only for a few moments, before it faded out. This fade out could be due to any number of possibilities, none of which seemed more likely than any other.

<If nothing else is done here>

The point that the Avengers were following for the temporal anomoly turned out to be a British airbase . . . in full operation. The British airbase came into view on the sensors long before the Quinjet showed up on radar. A demand to identify themselves would be coming any moment.

Mimic

First Post
"If I might make a suggestion and let Adam respond to the query that the airbase will no doubt be sending. He out of all of us could most likely mimic a airforce pilot from this time. Of course we will have to come up with a suitable explination as to why we are here, perhaps we have become lost and seek to land and refuel."

kid A

First Post
Sandman

Flint sat and watched the events unfold before him. He didn't completely understand everything that was happening, and he knew of someone named "Doom" in his timeline. But, instead of speaking up, he simply listened and waited, keeping Cap's words front of mind for the mission.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Captain America

Inside Avengers Quinjet
Over the Atlantic/1945
Late afternoon

Keia said:
"Pardon me for asking, Captain America," Adam queried. "When you said, 'you and Iron Man', were you referring the 'you' to myself or to Binary? Both answers seem equally likely therefore I need a clarificiation."

Adam sounded like a perfect copy of Captain America's voice when he referenced the words Cap just spoke.
Jack paused for a moment at the perfect reproduction of his own voice. His first instinct was to think that Ultron was somehow mocking him. Before he could react, the Vision spoke and he calmed himself.

"Adam, I would like you to stay at the controls. You aren't used to working as part of the team yet, so I would feel better if you supported us from the Queenjet. If you are all right with Vision's suggestion of replying to radio traffic, feel free to talk us in. Binary can help with any Air Force jargon if you need it." He stood and looked into Adam's lifeless face for a minute before walking back to his seat next to Sandman.

This has got to be one of my strangest adventures, ever.

Radiant

First Post
Binary

Gideon said:
Why don't they ever make ultra smart robots understand sarcasm? Really? How they hell are they supposed to understand life and not laugh.

Tony's thoughts took a big 180 when Carol had said something to him. Tony immidietly turned on the charm. Well, it wasn't really a choice so much as a reaction at this point. He smiled up at Carol.

"See, that is what I have been trying to tell Janet. Style and substance. That's what the clothing industry really needs."

Suddenly, Tony gives a lock of mock offense.

"Are you talkin about with the helmet on or off there hot stuff?"

Barely able to surpress a laugh Carol just grins widely at Tony.
"You know what the most amazing thing is? Even knowing how you play the game it is still hard not to like it. But if you can't beat Doom with a winning smile I suggest you put on the helmet."

Captain America said:

"Fantastic, Quinjets all fly the same. It's virtually impossible to crash one even for someone so out of practice. Unless someone shoots at us. But since then did that ever happen..."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads