Outsiders get damage reduction?

med stud

First Post
From the SRD:

Outsider

Outsider: An outsider is a nonelemental creature that comes from another dimension, reality, or plane. Unless noted otherwise, outsiders have darkvision with a range of 60 feet.

A slain outsider cannot be raised or resurrected, although a wish or miracle spell can restore it to life.

Hit Die: d8
Attack Bonus: Total HD (as fighter)
Good Saving Throws: Fortitude, Reflex, Will
Skill Points: +8 (+ Intelligence modifier) per extra HD
Feats: +1 per 4 total HD

Nothing there on DR :-/

Edit: I also checked out the hell hound (outsider), and it doesnt have DR. So generally speaking, outsiders dont get DR for being outsiders.

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
Orchaus said:
Does a 20 level monk get darkvision?

I doubt that was the intent. Notice how in the monk writeup, they go to some lengths to describe the effects of becoming an outsider, such as being immune to charm/dominate person, etc. Darkvision isn't one of the effects mentioned. (Neither was not being able to be raised, but they eventually fixed that.)

Nail

First Post
hong said:

I doubt that was the intent. Notice how in the monk writeup, they go to some lengths to describe the effects of becoming an outsider, such as being immune to charm/dominate person, etc. Darkvision isn't one of the effects mentioned. (Neither was not being able to be raised, but they eventually fixed that.)

"...they fixed that?"

Where? How? Huh?

Sources, please.

-Nail

Last edited:

Remove ads