Pathfinder 1E Paizo fail to deliver in Europe

Blacksway

Rock Monkey
Actually european privacy laws DO stop him sending out subscriptions, as the UK distribution firm who has ours names and addresses arn't allowed to give them to him.

And he probably can't name names else he'll get his a$$ sued for libel (or is it slander?)

Last edited:

Vanye

Explorer
Tsyr said:
I live in northern-ish michigan (Actualy about the middle of michigan from a geographic standpoint, I suppose, but I live on the tip of the lower half... I tend to ignore the upper part, except when one of 'em migrates down here and calls me a troll...)

Well, you ARE. What else can we call us?

Jason
former Yooper, current Troll.

Zander

Explorer
Blacksway said:
Actually european privacy laws DO stop him sending out subscriptions, as the UK distribution firm who has ours names and addresses arn't allowed to give them to him.
But they could with your permission. All they'd need to do was to send out a postcard asking if it was OK to forward your subscription details to Paizo in the US. You'd sign the card and send it back. Sure it would cost Paizo or their European distributors, but it wouldn't be prohibitively expensive.

They could even save part of the cost by making the card downloadable from the net. You'd print it out, fill it in and return it to them by post. Bob's your uncle.

hammer of ulric

First Post
Data Protection Act

The difficult bit for Paizo is sending our data to the US, which has no equivalent legislation.

It is this which is banned under the Data Protection Act. If Paizo where using the same distributor as Hasbro, or another European distributor, it would not be an issue, as EU countries have data protection laws.

From this and other threads, the REAL problem appears to be Hasbro UK holding on to our subs, when they should have been passed on when the mags were sold.

I apologise to Johnny Wilson for this misunderstanding, but it is human nature to need to blame somebody, and he was the obvious target.

Remove ads