Paizo News: Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous Hits One Million Copies Sold

Owlcat Games just announced that its CRPG Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous has reached a million copies sold over all of its platforms. Based on the Adventure Path of the same name, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is the indirect sequel to Pathfinder: Kingmaker. It launched in September of 2021 as a Kickstarter across a multitude of platforms (PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo...

Owlcat Games just announced that its CRPG Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous has reached a million copies sold over all of its platforms.

capsule_616x353.jpg

Based on the Adventure Path of the same name, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is the indirect sequel to Pathfinder: Kingmaker. It launched in September of 2021 as a Kickstarter across a multitude of platforms (PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch).

To commemorate the milestone, the company announced a special sale on Steam and GOG until January 26, 2023. In addition, the first premium DLC will be available on February 28, 2023 for PC, Playstation 4, and XBox One. The DLC for Nintendo Switch will be available at a later date. This DLC will feature a new companion as well as a new playable class: the ever changing shifter.

Alexander Mishulin, the Creative Director at Owlcat Games states that reaching this milestone is an important sign that the company is developing in the right direction. The company will continue to add more content through premium and free DLCs.

Dawn Dalton

Dawn Dalton

Scribe

Legend
Very nice! I'm playing it again and its fantastic. Its crazy long.

Baldur's Gate 3 hit a million copies sold in like it's first week of EA, not full release even. To WotC WotR is chump change. They are more concerned with Paizo making a deal with say Amazon or Disney for a Golarion show and/or movie, then a midrange video game. I mean WotC actively encouraged Solasta dispite making no money from it.

Brand Name does it again. BG 3 the game, is absolutely terrible, but everyone in the CRPG space knows what 'Baldur's Gate' is. A shame how poorly it was handled.

Reynard

Legend
I guess I misunderstand your comment then. If you mean in comparison to BG1/2, sure BG3 is different, but thats not what I think BG3 sucks. :D
To be fair I only played about 8 hours when it first dropped and decided to put it aside until full release. But I liked what played. Then again I think the Divinity: OS games are the best CRPGs of the modern era.

OakenHart

Adventurer
It's been 15 years since the last licensed D&D video game product that was actually faithful to the tabletop system (Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir expansion). Every video game past that has been D&D in name only.

We're getting Baldur's Gate 3 this year which will be the 5e system, but 15 years is a really long gap to give opportunity for someone else to slide in. Owlcat Games and Paizo did a great job with these two titles, and I'm glad they stepped in to fill that void.

Remove ads

Remove ads