D&D 5E Paizo's 'The Abomination Vaults' Pathinder AP Coming to 5E

Paizo is set to release one of its adventure paths--The Abomination Vaults--for D&D 5E in November. The AP will be compiled as a hardcover and retail for $59.99. There will also be a Pathfinder 2E version of the hardcover. The 3-part adventure path was originally released for Pathfinder 2E in early 2021, and is a big dungeon crawl adventure. When the mysterious Gauntlight, an eerie...

Paizo is set to release one of its adventure paths--The Abomination Vaults--for D&D 5E in November. The AP will be compiled as a hardcover and retail for $59.99. There will also be a Pathfinder 2E version of the hardcover.

The 3-part adventure path was originally released for Pathfinder 2E in early 2021, and is a big dungeon crawl adventure.

PZO2034.png

When the mysterious Gauntlight, an eerie landlocked lighthouse, glows with baleful light, the people of Otari know something terrible is beginning. Evil stirs in the depths of the Abomination Vaults, a sprawling dungeon where a wicked sorcerer attempted to raise an army of monsters hundreds of years ago. The town's newest heroes must venture into a sprawling dungeon filled with beasts and traps to prevent a spiteful spellcaster from rising again!

This complete compilation of the original Adventure Path campaign has been adapted to the newest version of the world’s oldest RPG. You’ve heard about the quality and depth of Pathfinder campaigns for years—now explore the Abomination Vaults yourself without having to learn a new game system!

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Ted has a take. Not sure I agree, but seems about right.

You largest “competitor” (if Paizo can even be said to be a competitor of WotC, in terms of scale) decides to start releasing content for your game. That’s not a good sign for the company. I mean, it’s great for fans. But if Paizo was doing well, they wouldn’t need to convert stuff.

And Professor DM has a take.

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
Ted has a take. Not sure I agree, but seems about right.

You largest “competitor” (if Paizo can even be said to be a competitor of WotC, in terms of scale) decides to start releasing content for your game. That’s not a good sign for the company. I mean, it’s great for fans. But if Paizo was doing well, they wouldn’t need to convert stuff.

And Professor DM has a take.

Eh.

Part of Nerdimmersions product is low-key drama. Just look at many of his thumbnails.

I mean I think it’s a HUGE stretch to jump to the “back room dealings” of WotC to buy Paizo. I laughed out loud when he said that.

And he’s wrong and your more correct, Paizo isn’t a “competitor” in any real sense, just the largest RPG company that isn’t WotC.

The more I squint and look at this the more I think this was part of the plan all along from Paizo, depending upon how well WotC was doing with 5e.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
The more I squint and look at this the more I think this was part of the plan all along from Paizo, depending upon how well WotC was doing with 5e.
IDK, why did they punt their most popular offering Kingmaker to somebody else?

IDK, I haven't found Paizo's adventures to be "brilliant." But I have complained about published adventures from Paizo, WotC, and everyone else for years. I think they are all far less than "brilliant."

Sorry, my poor experiences with published adventures is coming through.
I think all adventures are far better in the head of their creator than they are written down for other people to use.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I think all adventures are far better in the head of their creator than they are written down for other people to use.
There is an art to running published adventures. A lot of folks think you simply turn the page and go line by line and they just don't work that way. There is always work involved to bring something to life. Folks just dont seem to expect it.

That said, for my bucks Paizo APs are the best around. They give me fun compelling stories and the foundation to build a better game than one I'd make on my own. YMMV.

Mournblade94

Adventurer
IDK, I haven't found Paizo's adventures to be "brilliant." But I have complained about published adventures from Paizo, WotC, and everyone else for years. I think they are all far less than "brilliant."

Sorry, my poor experiences with published adventures is coming through.
I tend to use Brilliant in a british way more than the "Signifies intelligence" way

Remove ads

Remove ads