• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Palace of the Silver Princess - your experiences?

Sanackranib

First Post
I had a lot of fun in this one, it was one of the early adventures I played in where it was just me and the Dm and I was playing adout 5 characters. most wold have survived the adventure but for one encounter. we encountered 4 thieves who the mage slept. we checked thier stuff and determined that they were low level. (all claimed to be fighters) we had them join our group and carry some unconsious party members. these jerks loosened the bandages and my guys bled to death. naturally we had to then kill them (after ANOTHER hard battle were they killed my mage - who was buy that point out of spells)

Sanackranib

First Post
CrusaderX said:
Wasn't this the module with Duchess and Candella? I still remember those female NPCs after all these years. I ran this module for my group back in the early 80's, and I recall a few of my players hitting on these characters, at least until
these two pretty thieves robbed them blind.

yes it was. I remember that they joined my group and after the end of the module my fighter thief and Candella were the only ones to make it to the next town.

Ghendar

First Post
oooh, someone went thread diving. :D

The thing I enjoyed most about this module was the new monster, the Decapus. I used that one quite a bit.

Lord Ipplepop

First Post
I DM's this adventure as and AD&D module. I had a character go mad and take off running, only to get killed; another one stole the harp, and I actually wiped out most of the party with the doppleganger.

Thomas 66

First Post
Wasn't this the module with Duchess and Candella? I still remember those female NPCs after all these years. I ran this module for my group back in the early 80's, and I recall a few of my players hitting on these characters, at least until
these two pretty thieves robbed them blind.
I married Candella!!!!! Hahahahaha that’s so funny..I remember my character trying to impress her and my DM passed me a note saying (try being more Subtle) I didn’t know what that meant! Hahahaha oh well, she eventually left me and the group disbanded...good times though.

Erekose

Eternal Champion
Ran this back in the day when we were all young an naive and benefitted from a bit of railroading to feel like we were all getting somewhere! Remember it being very enjoyable at the time.

Didn’t intend to completely rewrite it but did for 3.5E. What started off as a simple rules conversion took on a life of its own once I started to integrate it into a more grounded campaign!

Remove ads