• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Palladium Announces New TMNT Kickstarter

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TTRPG is back with new art in a pair of deluxe hardcovers.

TMNT-RPG-Promo.jpg

Palladium Books has announced the return of the official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles roleplaying game. Out of print for decades, the 1985 game is coming back as a pair of full-colour hardcovers featuring new artwork. It will be hitting Kickstarter on October 31st and will also include miniatures, dice, and more. You can sign up to the pre-launch page here.

Westland, MI – October 13, 2023 – Palladium Books and Paramount Consumer Products have joined forces to reissue the ever-popular role-playing game Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness.

The beloved, out-of-print Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles role-playing game and its sourcebooks are sought-after collector items that have enthralled generations since its release in 1985 as one of the first licensed TMNT products. They are returning to print as two deluxe hardcover collections of the RPG and sourcebooks. Each is being completely remastered by industry veteran Sean Owen Roberson and presented in full color, and Kevin Eastman, co-creator of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, will also provide a new painted cover.

Bonus material includes an array of new artwork, never before seen behind-the-scenes info and art, plus remembrances and tributes by renowned comic book and RPG creators including Eastman, Peter Laird, Freddie E. Williams II, Steven Cummings, Sophie Campbell, David Petersen and many more.

“This is incredibly exciting! I am 1000% onboard to help bring this historic and original TMNT Role Playing Game series back in a truly deluxe collector’s edition that will thrill original fans and open the door for new ones,” said Eastman. “I've made all my archives available for expanded behind-the-scenes content as well as a few top secret surprises you need to be part of. Stay tuned!”

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness Kickstarter

The Kickstarter campaign, launching October 31, 2023,
will offer a host of mind-blowing Kickstarter exclusives: TMNT miniatures based on the role-playing game, dice sets, variant book covers, art prints by legacy TMNT creatives, a card deck, and more, including special stretch goals to entice role-playing fans and TMNT fans alike. All products ship in 2024. To be among the first to hear about the entire exciting slate of releases, creators, exclusives and stretch goals to be unlocked with your support, be sure to go to the Kickstarter page and subscribe for updates.

it looks like they had another one since? Looks OK, but the Robotech one still looks like a disaster.
There are still backers on the Robotech Tactics Kickstarter who haven't received refunds or pledges, apparently, so giving them more money for another Kickstarter seems pretty risky (hence my decision to wait until/if it hits regular distribution).
This one?

I may need to do some research on that then. I’ve started shying away from Kickstarter projects that aren’t most of the way complete and just need additional funding to push the project across the finish line. A TMNT rerelease would seem to be that, but if they have a questionable history on previous Kickstarters I may just wait and see if the books end up at one of the FLGS nearby that tends to stock basically everything. I’m not interested in things like miniatures or dice.

Last edited:

Von Ether

Legend
This one?

I may need to do some research on that then. I’ve started shying away from Kickstarter projects that aren’t most of the way complete and just need additional funding to push the project across the finish line. A TMNT rerelease would seem to be that, but if they have a questionable history on previous Kickstarters I may just wait and see if the books end up at one of the FLGS nearby that tends to stock basically everything. I’m not interested in things like miniatures or dice.

The X-factor for this project is that the company now has a new partner who seems much more savvy in project management and deliverables. It seems the kickstarters under his watch have gone much better.

Retreater

Legend
The X-factor for this project is that the company now has a new partner who seems much more savvy in project management and deliverables. It seems the kickstarters under his watch have gone much better.
I've liked Sean Owen Roberson's work with Pinnacle doing the Savage Rifts Kickstarters. I've never been disappointed with those Kickstarters. I hope his work with Palladium is just as good.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
I've liked Sean Owen Roberson's work with Pinnacle doing the Savage Rifts Kickstarters. I've never been disappointed with those Kickstarters. I hope his work with Palladium is just as good.

Ah - I did not know this. That does make a difference. The Savage Rifts Kickstarter that I bought into was a very smooth one.

That’s helpful to know, thanks!

Kannik

Hero
The double X factor might be that the Tactics kickstarter also had partners who were to be doing the rules design (aside: which was the deciding factor to why I backed it), miniature work, fulfillment, and etc. (All of whom were the ones thrown under the bus.)

That said, if these new partners have a proven track record both in fulfilling kickstarters but also, and more importantly, doing so while working with Palladium, that is a more reassuring sign, at least to the successful fulfillment of a kickstarter.

Voidrunner's Codex

Related Articles

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads