Pathfinder 2E At Gary Con

Paizo is at the Gary Con convention this week, and is demoing Pathfinder 2nd Edition there. Here's a couple of photos! No juicy tidbits yet, unfortunately, but hopefully some will emerge over the next couple of days.

In the first photo, Stephen Radney-MacFarland demos Pathfinder 2nd Edition in this awesome photo from Beth Damis on Twitter.

DXyY85yU8AATDD9.jpg

Paizo's Jason Bulmahn took a photo of his copy of the Pathfinder 2nd Edition playtest rules.

DXttC_jXcAImACM.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save[/FONT]

ddaley

Explorer
A once in a life time chance to get a limited edition Deluxe Hardback?

My mind says no but my heart says yes. ;)

I read this somewhere, and it has stuck with me ever since... Make the little decisions with your head and the big decisions with your heart. So, there ya go.

I can't wait to purchase the playtest book, the playtest adventure, and the specially designed playtest mat. I wonder if they'll have playtest minis and dice, too? As exciting as these photos are, I wish there were some photos of the actual game designers thinking of ideas for the 2nd edition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
Comic book stores loved you in the 90s I bet :)

You know I never did comics, but Collectable Card Games were like some kind of crazy crack for me. 5 years clean though.

I read this somewhere, and it has stuck with me ever since... Make the little decisions with your head and the big decisions with your heart. So, there ya go.

Sounds good to me, so Deluxe Super Edition it is then.

I wonder if book depository will have this to pre-order?

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I can't wait to purchase the playtest book, the playtest adventure, and the specially designed playtest mat. I wonder if they'll have playtest minis and dice, too? As exciting as these photos are, I wish there were some photos of the actual game designers thinking of ideas for the 2nd edition.

But don't dare suggest this new edition is a cash grab

Agreed 100%. The 5e playtest was 100% free from 2012 onwards up until release. I didn't spend a dime until the actual, finalized rule books were released and yet I got hundreds of pages of free content that I was able to use during the lengthy playtest period. To say that I have my reservations about this would be an understatement.

The playtest PDF of the book is free. The only thing you have to pay for is the print version. That's totally optional and I think entirely reasonable to do it this way. The print version is c. 400 pages iirc their post, with prices varying for paperback, hardback and special edition hardback. I have the paperback of the first playtest (as well as the PDF) which cost $19.99. This one is more, but despite playing 5E now, I'll pop for it and playtest it. It will be interesting to see what they've done with it. If you're wondering I prefer some of the playtest material that was changed to the end product. I liked 3.5, but the sheer amount of material they cranked out for PF was off putting (as it was in 3.5). One of the draws (for me) was resetting to a smaller set of rules and being able to concentrate on the game / setting. One of the things I appreciate about 5E.

*edit* for clarity...

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Agreed 100%. The 5e playtest was 100% free from 2012 onwards up until release. I didn't spend a dime until the actual, finalized rule books were released and yet I got hundreds of pages of free content that I was able to use during the lengthy playtest period. To say that I have my reservations about this would be an understatement.
The PF playtest rules will also be 100% free in PDF, the same as D&D Next. If you want a printed copy, you can buy one.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Cynical, much? :)

As for my group, we’ve been liking what we’ve heard so far and looking forward to it. We’ve been using pages and pages of house rules for PF for years now, trying to rein in the biggest abuses and make combat more mobile and fun. If the new edition delivers even half of what it promises so far, I’m sold. Only thing I have doubts on is the description of the skill system, I’m looking forward to seeing if they’ve reduced the granularity too much for my tastes or not.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases