Pathfinder 2E Pathfinder 2E Errata

The Pathfinder 2 developers were in a Twitch stream, where they confirmed some errata for the core rules. Thanks to @Markh3rd for the scoop!

The Pathfinder 2 developers were in a Twitch stream, where they confirmed some errata for the core rules. Thanks to @Markh3rd for the scoop!

Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 00.39.00.png

• Humans are supposed to have one more language (Common + Bonus + INT).
  • Your proficiency in simple weapons is also what your proficiency in unarmed should be, including the wizard. Monk is an exception as they are better at unarmed.
  • Ki spells cue off Wisdom for the monk.
  • Sorcerer is missing a 17th level Resolve class feature, just the same as the wizard's (includes master will save, critical success, etc.).
  • Wizards don't get a 1st level class feat by default. This was a mistake. They only get one for being a universalist.
  • The adventurer's pack is only 1 bulk.
  • Heroic Recovery takes you to 0 hit points, not 1.
Link to the stream: Twitch

The developers said they will be releasing official critical errata soon as well as monster creation rules (so we will have them before the GameMastery Guide comes out).

Lucas Yew

Explorer
Good that I decided to buy the PDFs only for now (which was of gloomy RL reasons that turned out all right because of this). Now I can wait for all the major glaring errors fixed in my future paper book...

By the way, I'm still traumatized that my 5th printing CRB's Monk became obsolete when the 6th nabbed them a straight buff in cold iron/silver unarmed strikes...

CapnZapp

Legend
I recall the initial errata for the 5e core books to be fairly minimal and very little of it was serious changes to rules, more like typos and clarifications. WotC did pretty well. So it is possible for a large RPG publisher to ensure most errors are caught.

Ouch, over 300 posts in that thread. I think about 25% of the posts are actual errata. All I gotta say is glad I bought the PDF :p

Well, not really.

WotC is very stingy with errata, afraid to create the perception the PHB is obsolete. They basically only issue errata when forced to. In any other era, the errata would likely be more extensive.

On the other hand, that thread (over at Paizo forums) is just a work in progress, with a low signal to noise ratio. The list of actual errata - ie things you actually care about - is much much smaller than that mammoth thread would lead you to believe.

Tldr I see no immediate signs of a gap in actual quality of any significance between WotC and Paizo. I also see no indication we're headed towards an errata-free future.

I would need to find some new hobbies if I held RJK75's standards. On the plus side I'd be wealthier, but on the downside I'd have to shy away from tabletop gaming, computer gaming and most all forms of media fiction.

teitan

Legend
I didn't buy PF2, but errata IMO is just careless and unacceptable. It shows poor quality control and management. These mistakes and omissions should be caught before the first printing, not after. This goes for any RPG or book in general. Most every word processor has spell check so even typos should be few and far between, if any. I always feel cheated when I buy a first printing and then 3 pages of errata comes out a month later. You either have to use your book as is with the printed errata or buy the revised printing. I understand that the game evolves or some rules are broken and need to be fixed, and should be. Incidents where things were left out or sentences need to be re-worded because of poor writing and proof reading simply should not happen and their staff should be held accountable. Ive never given it much thought but Id be curious to see if the incidents of errata decrease over the lifespan of an edition, for instance PF1 or D&D 3E.

You do realize 5e has errata too yeah?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
My stance is not alien to how the world works.

It really is though.

This isn't just any manufactured product, it's a book. ALL books have minor errors in them.

Your manufactured product probably has a number of minor errors in them as well - they just don't ruin the product. In fact if your product comes with assembly instructions it almost certainly has an error...and that's likely only a few pages.

These don't ruin the product either. They're relatively minor to the overall functioning of the product. Thousands of people are successfully using the product without this fix, which is proof that the product does work as promised. Your meal order at the restaurant was good enough for you to not send it back - it's possible the garnish was not placed precisely where intended, but you barely noticed and it didn't impact your enjoyment of the meal. This is on that level.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads