Pathfinder for Savage Worlds opinions

Rogerd1

Adventurer
Thing about Savage Pathfinder is that players could transition to another world, and it would not change the game overly. They could go to Shaintar, Rifts, and even fight low level Supers.

I am currently thinking about running an SW game, in which players can pick characters from any setting, and turning them in demigods earlyish so that I can run a Suzerain type game.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Ah, I didn't get the boxed set so no chase cards for me. I guess now I have no choice but to ignore a part of SW I didn't like anyway :)

Page 131 in the SWPF book:
Whether a daring rooftop chase in the dead of night or a desperate escape through an illlit dungeon, a chase can be played out like a
regular combat, or using a Quick Encounter (see page 161). Or you can check out our Narrative Chase Deck to resolve the action.

So, yeah, SWPF completely ditches the existing SW Chase rules, but I've used them to fun effect in some games.

Mezuka

Hero
Received the Core book and Bestiary two days ago. I didn't play enough SWADE when it came out. Our group disbanded over non-gaming issues. I sold by book.

I've been looking for a fantasy game for my new group. Some have mentioned SWADE.

Rogerd1

Adventurer
Received the Core book and Bestiary two days ago. I didn't play enough SWADE when it came out. Our group disbanded over non-gaming issues. I sold by book.

I've been looking for a fantasy game for my new group. Some have mentioned SWADE.
And for even more options there is the Savage Worlds Fantasy Companion. All are great editions, and with it you could run most types of games.

Mezuka

Hero
And for even more options there is the Savage Worlds Fantasy Companion. All are great editions, and with it you could run most types of games.
I recall we did an Interface Zero (1e) cyberpunk setting. There was also a retro sci-fi 'Flash Gordon' style campaign book I bought.

Rogerd1

Adventurer
I recall we did an Interface Zero (1e) cyberpunk setting. There was also a retro sci-fi 'Flash Gordon' style campaign book I bought.
There are a few really great SW settings, that I personally like.

Hope & Glory: How they got away with including the Sanjiyan Unkara (£X£ Eyes) I'll never know. Victorian steampunk setting.
Shaintar: High fantasy, with Adepts in place of monks.
Suzerain: Multiverse setting
The After: Post apoc setting, with science
Titan's Effect: Dark Angel type setting.

Mezuka

Hero
There are a few really great SW settings, that I personally like.

Hope & Glory: How they got away with including the Sanjiyan Unkara (£X£ Eyes) I'll never know. Victorian steampunk setting.
Shaintar: High fantasy, with Adepts in place of monks.
Suzerain: Multiverse setting
The After: Post apoc setting, with science
Titan's Effect: Dark Angel type setting.
The setting was slipstream, in the planetary romance* style. (*old meaning, not the current).

Rogerd1

Adventurer
The setting was slipstream, in the planetary romance* style. (*old meaning, not the current).

My goodness I forgot Beasts and Barbarians.

So much good Conan stuff right there.

Accursed too.
Shanghai Apocalypse: Nanotech vampires FTW!

Sir Brennen

Legend

And now you can play in the official Flash Gordon setting for Savage Worlds

Remove ads