• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PATHFINDER] Paranormal Protection Agency (OOC)

Shayuri

First Post
Shard's objection is based on time needed to find Remedy. If we're handwaving that time, then she has no objection to seeing the griffons. The letter about the ambassador's son made it sound like he needed help right away is all.

She acknowledges that Remedy's better at healing than her...but she'd rather go in his place than wait for him to come downstairs.

Again though, if GM magic makes it happen right now, then she's cool with that. :)

grufflehead

First Post
Fantastic stuff guys, really enjoying reading both IC and OOC threads.

I must apologise again in advance if I slow things down. Up until yesterday I was able to look at the threads from work (even sneaked a post in from there!) however as of this morning our webfilter is keeping me out. This has happened before and although all 'games' sites are blacklisted, thanks to the quirk of doing a bit of game development at work, I've always been able to make a high enough bluff check to convince the network admin that I need access for, ahem, 'research' purposes ;) I'll see if I can pull it off tomorrow...

For the foreseeable future, I'm stuck in the 7PM - 1AMish GMT window for posting although I can get my Yahoo mail OK during the day so if anyone wants to chat/discuss off-stage my address is my username @ yahoo.co.uk. In game, I don't mind at all if, at any point, for the sake of keeping things moving you just make a decision for me.

BTW does anybody know what the deal with subscribing to threads is? I got a load of message notifications the first day after I did it which meant I could read over what had been happening via my e-mail. But from today, the only notification that I got was after BOB101's IC post this morning, so I'm only just seeing what's happened having got home and logged on.

As far as what has been discussed goes, looks like a good split of personnel, very happy to go with the GMs suggestion, and great idea for the signal DW!

Last edited:

Mithral·Dragon

First Post
DM Magic is quick and awful - not something for the faint of heart!

Due to the swiftness of this game thus far, I'm remiss to write a PC out of the story before it has even begun. However, as I intend to have three threads, Remedy (Pathologik's PC) will be left behind at the HQ while the remainder head out on investigations. To that end, I have received word from a prospective player regarding a pending submission for a suitable divine-caster to retain two groupings of 4.

Thanks!
- MD

Dragonwriter

First Post
Grufflehead, I wouldn't worry about slowing things down. You strike me as both a prolific and a thoughtful player, and the time difference doesn't mean too much for PbP.

As for thread subscriptions, it notifies you of the first post before you log on. If you stay logged on, you'll keep getting e-mails for every post, due to the system re-setting the counter each time. If you go for a day or two without checking in, you'll have only gotten one e-mail, while there could be twenty posts. Just think of it as a first-notification timer.

And I can't take all the credit for the Dancing Lights idea. I honestly did get it from those OotS pages.

grufflehead

First Post
Thanks DragonWriter. I aim to stay prolific, or at least regular, interested and committed, which I hope are the qualities a GM would want in a player. Thoughtful? Well, I try to be, and that is one big advantage of pbp - the 'preview post' button ;) Boy, I wish some of the people I used to game with had an internal preview button rather than doing some of the spectacularly dumb things they managed from time to time! But it seems I've landed on my feet as regards a game to start with - some of you guys seem like the sort of players I'd love to sit down with face to face and game.

Thanks for the tip about the notifications. I guess if I can't log in at work, I won't get messages beyond the first - maybe I'll fire up my PC quickly at breakfast time to see what's been happening.

Pathologik

First Post
Only have a moment free, last-minute crunch before the event - I'm going to be cleaning up / setting up / handling security / getting suspended by ropes to dance over a crowd / having fun tomorrow from noon until 4 AM, with NOTHING planned the next day, so I will be a-go for a-posting. Had some volunteer cancellations, so things are tight, but this is a once-a-month deal, so it won't be a huge issue.

I'm quite excited, though - it's a rave / fetish event that my friends built from the ground up, and this is the debut. I shall share many a story!

Mithral·Dragon

First Post
Great to hear Pathologik!

I'll keep your seat warm should you not arrive prior to the party split.

|||||||||||

EDIT: I had made mention of an additional Player; Scott DeWar, who had posted during the recruitment phase. His PC is the ninth member of the Night Shift. I will be splitting this as noted previously and expect an IC post for each thread on or before Monday. Please don't hesitate to continue the RP until then!

Thanks!
- MD

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Gerard Hampton, priest of Lathander-the dawn Lord

Work in progress:

Gerard Hampton, Neutral good Human Priest 8

Deity: Lathander, God of spring, dawn, birth, renewal, creativity, youth, vitality, self-perfection and athletics.

Code:
[b]Age:[/b] 26 years old [b]Height:[/b] 5'10" [b]Weight:[/b] 195 [b]Hair:[/b] black
[b]Eyes:[/b]Green        [b]Skin:[/b] well tanned from travel

[b]Str:[/b] 12 +1   [b]BAB[/b] +6/+1
[b]Con:[/b] 14 +2   [b]CMB[/b] +7
[b]Dex:[/b] 16 +3   [b]CMD[/b] 20
[b]Int:[/b] 14 +2   [b]HP:[/b] [color=green]80/80[/color]
[b]Wis:[/b] 18 +4   [b]HD:[/b] 8d8 + 16
[b]Cha:[/b] 14 +2   [b]Inititive:[/b] +7
Level adjustments: lev 4 and lev 8 +1 Wis and Dex; 
Human adjustment: +2 to wisdom

[b]Defense:[/b]
Mithral chain shirt +2
[b]                      Max
[u]Type   Bonus  Magic   Dex  ACP  Mv  Wt[/b][/u]
light   +4      +2    +6   -0   30  12.5 lbs

[b][u]Saves: Base  Abil   misc   total[/b][/u]
[b]Fort[/b]    +6    +2     +2    +10
[b]Ref[/b]     +2    +3     +2     +9
[b]Will[/b]    +6    +4     +2    +12
+2 to all (domain)

[b]Offense:       Att    Dam     Crit   range   type[/b]
[b]Light Mace[/b]   +11/+6  1d6+3    X 2     ---   B
[b]X-bow, lite[/b]   +9/+4  1d8   19-20/X2   80'   P
[b]Dagger[/b]        +9/+2  1d4   19-20/X2   10'   P/S

[b]Class Features and uses per day:[/b]
Orisons
Domains
Channel positive energy 00000
Good Aura
Resistant Touch (Sp): 00000 00
Aura of Protection (Su): 00000 000
Nimbus of Light (Su): 00000 000

[b]Skills and Feats:[/b]

[b]Languages:[/b] Commen, Celestial, Abyssal, and Infernal

[b]Feats:[/b]
[b]Human: [/b]weapon finesse
[b]level 1:[/b] Improved Inititive
[b]level 3:[/b] Selective channeling
[b]level 5:[/b] Scribe Scroll
[b]level 7:[/b] Brew Potion
level 9:<   >

Skill Points: 2(base)+2(Int)+1(race)+1(fav class)/lvl = 
48 Skill Points

[B]Skill              Ranks  Abil  misc  class  total[/B]
Appraise (Int)      1     +2    ---    +3   +6
Craft:Jewler(Int)   4     +2    ---    +3   +9
Diplomacy (Cha)     1     +2    ---    +3   +6
Heal (Wis)          5     +4    ---    +3   +12
Knowledge:
(arcana) (Int)      2     +2    ---    +3   +7
(history) (Int)     1     +2    ---    +3   +6
(nobility) (Int)    1     +2    ---    +3   +6
(planes) (Int)      8     +2    ---    +3   +13
(religion) (Int)    8     +2    ---    +3   +11
Linguistics (Int)   4     +2    ---    +3   +9
perform: voice      1     +2    ---    ---  +3
Sense Motive (Wis)  4     +4    ---    +3   +11
Spellcraft (Int)    8     +2    ---    +3   +13
Stealth (DEX)       0     +3    +5     ---   +8
Stealth: +5 from Cloak of Elvinkind

Equipment:
Chain shirt,+2             5,100.00   12.5 lb (A)
Mace, light +2             8,320.00    2.0 lb (C)
Xbow, lt                      35.00    4.0 lb (B)
 bolts,mw *50 (7 gp ea)      350.00    5.0 lb (B)
 bolts,+1 *30 (47 gp ea)   1,410.00    3.0 lb (C)
Bedroll                        0.10    5.0 lb (B)
Flint/steel                    1.00    ----   (B)
Grapple                        1.00    4.0 lb (B)
Rope, silk (100')             20.00    5.0 lb (B)
rataions x 7                   3.50    7.0 lb (B)
sunrods x 6                   14.00    6.0 lb (B)
spell comp pouch               5.00    2.0 lb (b)
whetstone                      0.02    1.0 lb (B)
torch                          0.05    5.0 lb (B)
Focus: Candel X 10             0.10     ---   (B)
Belt pouch                     1.00    0.5 lb (A)
Focus: silvered dagger X 2    44.00    4.0 lb (B)
[u]explorer's oputfit             ---      ---   (A)[/u]
total 1                   15,304.77

[sblock=SPECIAL ITEMS: ]
Ring of Sustance                    2,500 gp (A)
Body slot: Ring 1
Periapt of Wound Closure          15,000 gp (A)
Body slot: Throat/neck
Handy Haversack                   2,000 gp (A)
Efficient Quiver                     1,800 gp (A)
Cloak of elvin kind                  2,500 gp (A)
body slot: shoulders (weight: 1 Lb.)
diamond dust: spell componat         1000 gp
Boots of striding & springing       5,500 gp (A)
[u]Body slot: feet                                            [/u]
total 2                            30,300.00 gp

Potions
healthful rest X2                      100 (B)
cure mod wounds X3                     900 (B) 
blur                                   300 (B)
Blessed Bandage X15                    150 (B)
total 3                              1,450 gp[/sblock]

[sblock=items made by self]

[B]Scroll:[/B] Summon Enoch base cost: sanity, materials cost: life
[i][b]Potion: [/i][/b]
bull's str (CL 3), base: 300 Materials: 150 gp

[i][b]Scrolls:[/i][/b]
resist energy: (CL 3) base cost: 150; materials: 75
Day light:     (CL 5) base cost: 375; materials:187.5
Searing light: (CL 5) base: 375; materials:187.5
[u]total 4:               1,800 GP[/u]
[/sblock]

total 1         15,304.77 GP
total 2         30,300.00 gp
total 3          1,450.00 gp
[U]total 4:     1,800 GP[/U] 
spent so far:   48,854.77 gp 

Cash:   gp   sp   cp

Location codes:
A = person  lb
B = heward's 50 lb
C = Quiver
Master list of equipment special features:
[sblock]
-Ring of Sustance no need for food or water,
need 2 hours of sleep for 8 hours of rest

-Quiver of Ellohanna Always weighs 2 lb
Area 51:holds 60 arrows, carries +1 bolts and +2 bolts
Area 2: holds 18 javalins, Holds light mace, +2
Area 3: holds 6 bows, empty

-Heward's Handy Haversack 2 X 20 lb cap, 1 X 80 lb cap
weight: 5 lb, item you want is always on top,
no AOA to retrieve items

-Mace, light +2

-Chain mail, mitheral, +2 type: light, bonus: +5,
max dex:+4, sp fail:20%, ACP: -2, Mv: 30, wt: 20 lb

-Blessed bandage: immediatley stableize target

-Boots spring and stride: + 10' movement and
+5 competance bonus to jump

-Cloak of elvin kind: When this plain gray cloak is worn with the hood drawn up
around the head, the wearer gains a +5 competence bonus on
Stealth checks.[/sblock]

[sblock=Spells:]
Domains:protection Domain, Sun Domain

[sblock=Protection Domain]
Protection Domain
Granted Powers: Your faith is your greatest source of protection, and you can use that faith to defend others. In addition, you receive a +1 resistance bonus on saving throws. This bonus increases by 1 for every 5 levels you possess.

Resistant Touch (Sp): As a standard action, you can touch an ally to grant him your resistance bonus for 1 minute. When you use this ability, you lose your resistance bonus granted by the Protection domain for 1 minute. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Aura of Protection (Su): At 8th level, you can emit a 30-foot aura of protection for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level. You and your allies within this aura gain a +1 deflection bonus to AC and resistance 5 against all elements (acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic). The deflection bonus increases by +1 for every four cleric levels you possess beyond 8th. At 14th level, the resistance against all elements increases to 10. These rounds do not need to be consecutive.

Domain Spells: 1st—sanctuary, 2nd—shield other, 3rd—protection from energy, 4th—spell immunity, 5th—spell resistance, 6th—antimagic field, 7th—repulsion, 8th—mind blank, 9th—prismatic sphere.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Sun Domain]
Sun Domain
Granted Powers: You see truth in the pure and burning light of the sun, and can call upon its blessing or wrath to work great deeds.

Sun's Blessing (Su): Whenever you channel positive energy to harm undead creatures, add your cleric level to the damage dealt. Undead do not add their channel resistance to their saves when you channel positive energy.

Nimbus of Light (Su): At 8th level, you can emit a 30-foot nimbus of light for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level. This acts as a Daylightspell. In addition, undead within this radius take an amount of damage equal to your cleric level each round that they remain inside the nimbus. Spells and spell-like abilities with the darkness descriptor are automatically dispelled if brought inside this nimbus. These rounds do not need to be consecutive.

Domain Spells: 1st—endure elements, 2nd—heat metal, 3rd—searing light, 4th—fire shield, 5th—flame strike, 6th—fire seeds, 7th—sunbeam, 8th—sunburst, 9th—prismatic sphere.
[/sblock]

channel energy: 4d6 +8 (domain) will save for 1/2: 10 + 2(cha)+4 (1/2 lv)
undead get no resistance bonus (domin)
uses per day:5
Code:
[b]spells per day:
[u]level:   0   1   2   3   4   5[/b][/u]
Base:    4 4+1 3+1 3+1 2+1   ---
bonus:  --- +1 +1 +1 +1  ---
total:   4 5+1 4+1 4+1 3+1 ---
[size=1]note: X + 1 denotes the domain spell[/size]
saving throw: 10+4(wis)+spell level
spells prayed for:
level 0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidence, Purify food and drink

level 1: sanctuary (D), Bless Water, Command, Comprehend Languages,, Divine Favor, Shield of Faith

level 2: Heat Metel (D), Bull's Strength, Hold Person, Restoration (lssr), Spirtual Weapon

level 3: protection from energy (D), Continual Flame, Create Food and Water, Remove Disease, Stone Shape

Level 4: Fire Shield (D), Neutralize Poison, Freedom of Movement, Air Walk

[/sblock]
Background:
[sblock=a turmoilous life]
Gerard had many adventures starting with his awakening as a child to the realization he was aof natral arcane talent, that there was something in his blood line to allow the arcane forces to flow throung him natrally. Born to a prostitute near the docks, he was mostly raised by the madam of the house...she always taught him how to be shrewd, but still with a kindness that she showed to her girls. When his mother was working the streets on night, she ran afoul of some Dormithian slavers who were trying to take her on a more permanent basis, killing her when she resisted fiercely. The madam heard of the incursion and sent her own posse after them with the words, "I'll teach them filthy slavers to keep their thievin' hands off my girls!"

This pretty much started an overnight war between Dormithian and this one house...he escaped when the fight was brought to his 'home' and as the building burned, he was slipped out the window to the streets to escape...as far as he knows, he alone survived....

Living off the streets as a youngster means only one occupation: thievery. Food snatching that led to pick pocketing and cutpurses, which led to plain street thuggery. He found a gang that dealt in those things, but once again there was competition for territory and before he knew it there was a war going on, where all of his gang were killed or assimilated save him...once again he alone escaped...

Still needing to eat, so he started honing his skills in a more refined form of thievery: cat burglar...case a joint, raid it, sell the stuff and then eat for the first time in a week! That is until he cased the wrong joint...that of the home and temple of Ge' Chen, sorcerer of the dragon blood (read: dragon heritage feats)

This kind old man actually caught the young lad sneaking in his home while he had just sat down to a quiet evening of rice and veggies...he followed him about his house watching how he showed the greatest respect for every thing there, with the exception of the occasionally snatched easy to sell trinket. As the young Gerard was readying his exit, the ancient master spoke up, asking him what he wanted with the items he had taken. He answered with the only thing that came to mind: the truth. With an audible gulp, he spoke of eating, bathing and maybe some new clothing. The kind old master was wise so he invited him to join him for food at his table. While Gerard ate and talked, the wise old master listened and watched...the boy was showing strange, yet familiar actions...while only a lit candle was all that illuminated the room Gerard was able to see even in the dimmest of light available (low light vision)

This was only possible by the talent of a sorcerer like himself. He explained many things to Gerard about what he might have experienced and invited him to stay the night...with the promise that he will let him keep the trinkets taken if he would listen to master Chen in the morning with the audience of one other. The next morning found Gerard Hampton under warm blankets and a roof over his head. A cup of hot tea, warm bath water, soap and clean clothing were in the room as well.... the smell of breakfast was just starting to reach his nostrils and that is all it took for him to get moving.

Tea drank, body washed and clean clothing donned, he walks to the common room to find master Chen and one other (none other then Wyace himself). The old master spoke of in born energies that can be shaped and called forth, that he wanted to help him under stand them and to hone his abilities and at the cost of just learning. Gerard was hooked...friendships were made over time, and he actually saw the old master as his father...over the past year Gerard has now learned how to use those energies, but the old hatred was always just under the surface...the Dormithian slavers would pay someday...

Through time, Gerard had been doing work for master Chen, every thing from cleaning to running errands. Master Chen has been teaching Gerard the virtues of objectivity and patience. Finally, the day came when Master Chen thought the young lad good enough to let in on the secrets of the monastery. He was told of secrets of activity that former students have been doing: hunting down and destroying undead through out the land, using the skills of scorcerous arcane and being able to handle weapons. As they are not part of any temple, they do not draw attention to themselves from the more nasty undead, but still nonetheless powerful in their own right.

Many training missions and actual missions later, Gerard has become a trust worth opponent to the undead, having gifts bestowed upon him and rescuing may artifacts from the depths of tombs controlled by the undead that he has hunted and destroyed. He now hears the cry of the King...

The battle went bad. It was a dark cult that was at work and counseling the head of the cult was the cruel stepbrother of the King, the source of the whole instigation. As the step- brother had Designs on the throne for himself, he had engineered the whole thing from the start. The dark Cult was preparing to sacrifice her to an evil being of the lower planes: A Prince of the hellish kingdoms.

This prince had already gifted several undead spirits to the cult leader, the kind that take great pleasure in draining life force from their victims, such as wights and wraiths and much worse then even those, rumored to be the fallen enemies of the cult leader

After many battles that left the party very weak, the final battle came upon them too suddenly to prepare properly.After the party fought off not only the undead minions and the cult leader, but also they had to fight off the wicked stepbrother of the king as well. Through the long and difficult trial, all fell save Gerard. He eventually had to finish the fight of the aforementioned creatures and persons, but some of his own party members too as they too were turned into the creatures of the night.

He should have fallen. He should have died, but there was a hand in the fray. A hand of destiny, a hand that has kept him alive and safe when he should have fallen when he was still young. It was the hand of Lathander, Lord of the Dawn, of re-birth and life. His plight was noticed and help was sent. When he had fallen and a deathblow was about to be delivered by the last remaining opponent, a being of great light showed and blocked the deadly blade. His health was restored to him and the stepbrother was stunned by the sudden prescience that his defenses were down. That is when Gerard struck a killing blow himself and felled the last opponent. The being of light led him out of the catacombs to safety and when he stepped into the sunlight, he lost sight of the mysterious being. The daughter of the king had earlier been freed so she was already safely int the arms of her father, and Gerard was safely out from the dark passages. At his personal request, the festivities were held as a wake for the fallen heroes and the king ordered the whole city to a day of morning.

The fallen heroes were only part of the price of the safe return of the King’s daughter and banishment of a dark cult. It also cost Gerard on a personal level. The chilling touch of the undead stole from his physically as part of his very being and mentally as part of his mind. So meant touches and hits by such evil reached his mind, it tore at him to the point of what he knew. Skills were lost, abilities lost, strength lost. His will was harmed. However, the foundation was still there. He was still alive. Lathander still had a fighter on his hands. In addition, Gerard would walk the land for several years doing the will of he who saved him. No task too menial, as master Chen had taught him.

[/sblock]

[sblock=spell list]
0-Level Cleric Spells (Orisons)

Create Water: Creates 2 gallons/level of pure water.

Detect Magic: Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.

Detect Poison: Detects poison in one creature or object.

Guidance: +1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.

Light: Object shines like a torch.

Mending: Makes minor repairs on an object.

Purify Food and Drink: Purifies 1 cu. ft./level of food or water.

Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks.

Resistance: Subject gains +1 on saving throws.

Stabilize: Cause a dying creature to stabilize.

Virtue: Subject gains 1 temporary hp.

1st-Level Cleric Spells
Bane: Enemies take –1 on attack rolls and saves against fear.

Bless: Allies gain +1 on attack rolls and saves against fear.

Bless WaterM: Makes holy water.

Cause Fear: One creature of 5 HD or less flees for 1d4 rounds.

Command: One subject obeys selected command for 1 round.

Comprehend Languages: You understand all spoken and written languages.

Cure Light Wounds: Cures 1d8 damage + 1/level (max +5).

Curse WaterM: Makes unholy water.

Deathwatch: Reveals how near death subjects within 30 ft. are.

Detect Chaos/Evil/Good/Law: Reveals creatures, spells, or objects of selected alignment.

Detect Undead: Reveals undead within 60 ft.

Divine Favor: You gain +1 per three levels on attack and damage rolls.

Endure Elements: Exist comfortably in hot or cold regions.

Entropic Shield: Ranged attacks against you have 20% miss chance.

Hide from Undead: Undead can't perceive one subject/level.

Magic Stone: Three stones gain +1 on attack, deal 1d6 +1 damage.

Magic Weapon: Weapon gains +1 bonus.

Obscuring Mist: Fog surrounds you.

Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law: +2 to AC and saves, plus additional protection against selected alignment.

Remove Fear: Suppresses fear or gives +4 on saves against fear for one subject + one per four levels.

Sanctuary: Opponents can't attack you, and you can't attack.

Shield of Faith: Aura grants +2 or higher deflection bonus.

Summon Monster I: Summons extraplanar creature to fight for you.

2nd-Level Cleric Spells
Aid: +1 on attack rolls and saves against fear, 1d8 temporary hp +1/level (max +10).

Align Weapon: Weapon becomes good, evil, lawful, or chaotic.

AuguryMF: Learns whether an action will be good or bad.

Bear's Endurance: Subject gains +4 to Con for 1 min./level.

Bull's Strength: Subject gains +4 to Str for 1 min./level.

Calm Emotions: Calms creatures, negating emotion effects.

ConsecrateM: Fills area with positive energy, weakening undead.

Cure Moderate Wounds: Cures 2d8 damage + 1/level (max +10).

Darkness: 20-ft. radius of supernatural shadow.

Delay Poison: Stops poison from harming target for 1 hour/level.

Eagle's Splendor: Subject gains +4 to Cha for 1 min./level.

Enthrall: Captivates all within 100 ft. + 10 ft./level.

Find Traps: Notice traps as a rogue does.

Gentle Repose: Preserves one corpse.

Hold Person: Paralyzes one humanoid for 1 round/level.

Inflict Moderate Wounds: Touch attack, 2d8 damage + 1/level (max +10).

Make Whole: Repairs an object.

Owl's Wisdom: Subject gains +4 to Wis for 1 min./level.

Remove Paralysis: Frees creatures from paralysis or slow effect.

Resist Energy: Ignores 10 (or more) points of damage/attack from specified energy type.

Restoration, Lesser: Dispels magical ability penalty or repairs 1d4 ability damage.

Shatter: Sonic vibration damages objects or crystalline creatures.

Shield OtherF: You take half of subject's damage.

Silence: Negates sound in 20-ft. radius.

Sound Burst: Deals 1d8 sonic damage to subjects; may stun them.

Spiritual Weapon: Magic weapon attacks on its own.

Summon Monster II: Summons extraplanar creature to fight for you.

Undetectable Alignment: Conceals alignment for 24 hours.

Zone of Truth: Subjects within range cannot lie.

3rd-Level Cleric Spells
Animate DeadM: Creates undead skeletons and zombies.

Blindness/Deafness: Makes subject blinded or deafened.

Continual FlameM: Makes a permanent, heatless light.

Create Food and Water: Feeds three humans (or one horse)/level.

Cure Serious Wounds: Cures 3d8 damage + 1/level (max +15).

Daylight: 60-ft. radius of bright light.

Deeper Darkness: Object sheds supernatural shadow in 60-ft. radius.

Dispel Magic: Cancels one magical spell or effect.

Glyph of WardingM: Inscription harms those who pass it.

Helping Hand: Ghostly hand leads subject to you.

Invisibility Purge: Dispels invisibility within 5 ft./level.

Locate Object: Senses direction toward object (specific or type).

Magic Circle against Chaos/Evil/Good/Law: As protection spells, but 10-ft. radius and 10 min./level.

Magic Vestment: Armor or shield gains +1 enhancement per four levels.

Meld into Stone: You and your gear merge with stone.

Obscure Object: Masks object against scrying.

Prayer: Allies get +1 bonus on most rolls, enemies –1 penalty.

Protection from Energy: Absorb 12 points/level of damage from one kind of energy.

Remove Blindness/Deafness: Cures normal or magical blindness or deafness.

Remove Curse: Frees object or person from curse.

Remove Disease: Cures all diseases affecting subject.

Searing Light: Ray deals 1d8/two levels damage (more against undead).

Speak with Dead: Corpse answers one question/two levels.

Stone Shape: Sculpts stone into any shape.

Summon Monster III: Summons extraplanar creature to fight for you.

Water Breathing: Subjects can breathe underwater.

Water Walk: Subject treads on water as if solid.

Wind Wall: Deflects arrows, smaller creatures, and gases.

4th-Level Cleric Spells
Air Walk: Subject treads on air as if solid (climb or descend at 45-degree angle).

Chaos Hammer: Harms and slows lawful creatures (1d8 damage/2 levels).

Control Water: Raises or lowers bodies of water.

Cure Critical Wounds: Cures 4d8 damage + 1/level (max +20).

Death Ward: Grants bonuses against death spells and negative energy.

Dimensional Anchor: Bars extradimensional movement.

Discern Lies: Reveals deliberate falsehoods.

Dismissal: Forces a creature to return to native plane.

DivinationM: Provides useful advice for specific proposed actions.

Divine Power: You gain attack bonuses and 1 hp/level.

Freedom of Movement: Subject moves normally despite impediments to movement.

Giant Vermin: Turns centipedes, scorpions, or spiders into giant vermin.

Holy Smite: Harms and possibly blinds evil creatures (1d8 damage/2 levels).

Imbue with Spell Ability: Transfer spells to subject.

Magic Weapon, Greater: Weapon gains +1 bonus/four levels (max +5).

Neutralize Poison: Immunizes subject against poison, detoxifies venom in or on subject.

Order's Wrath: Harms and dazes chaotic creatures (1d8 damage/2 levels).

Planar Ally, LesserM: Exchange services with a 6 HD extraplanar creature.

Poison: Touch deals 1d3 Con damage 1/round for 6 rounds.

Repel Vermin: Insects, spiders, and other vermin stay 10 ft. away.

RestorationM: Restores level and ability score drains.

Sending: Delivers short message anywhere, instantly.

Spell Immunity: Subject is immune to one spell per 4 levels.

Summon Monster IV: Summons extraplanar creature to fight for you.

Tongues: Speak and understand any language.

5th-Level Cleric Spells
AtonementFM: Removes burden of misdeeds from subject and reverses magical alignment change.

Break Enchantment: Frees subjects from enchantments, transmutations, and curses.

Breath of Life: Cures 5d8 damage + 1/level and restores life to recently slain creatures.

Command, Greater: As command, but affects one subject/level.

CommuneM: Deity answers one yes-or-no question/level.

Cure Light Wounds, Mass: Cures 1d8 damage + 1/level, affects 1 subject/level.

Dispel Chaos/Evil/Good/Law: +4 bonus against attacks.

Disrupting Weapon: Melee weapon destroys undead.

Flame Strike: Smites foes with divine fire (1d6/level damage).

HallowM: Designates location as holy.

Insect Plague: Wasp swarms attack creatures.

Mark of Justice: Designates action that triggers curse on subject.

Plane ShiftF: As many as 8 subjects travel to another plane.

Raise DeadM: Restores life to subject who died as long as one day/level ago.

Righteous Might: Your size increases, and you gain bonuses in combat.

ScryingF: Spies on subject from a distance.

Spell Resistance: Subject gains SR 12 + level.

Summon Monster V: Summons extraplanar creature to fight for you.

Symbol of PainM: Triggered rune wracks nearby creatures with pain.

Symbol of SleepM: Triggered rune puts nearby creatures into catatonic slumber.

True SeeingM: Lets you see all things as they really are.

Wall of Stone: Creates a stone wall that can be shaped.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
where in water deep is gerard hampton?

perhaps he was at a festival he needed to attend as he is priest ...

Festivals:

Song of Dawn (19 Ches) spring equinox
Song of Dawn (Midsummer)
Song of Dawn (21 Eleint) fall solstace

priests and priestess gather for a greeting of the morning and sing in the sunrise in harmonies and counter harmonies

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads