Paizo Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Video Game Kickstarter Live

The Kickstarter for the new Pathfinder video game is now live and rocketing towards funding (it made $100K in the first hour or so). It describes itself as "A new isometric single-player RPG set in the Pathfinder universe – an indirect sequel to Pathfinder: Kingmaker."

It's based on Pathfinder 1st Edition, with an added "strategic layer" of gameplay allowing you to lead armies. For $28 you get a digital copy of the game. Like its predecessor, Kingmaker, this is made by the Russian studio Owlcat Games. The previous Kickstarter made nearly a million dollars.

In this game, you also choose one of six mythic paths (angel, lich, trickster, aeon, demon, or azata), one of ten races, and one of 21 classes (each with five archetypes).

da66bedfbc4fe54a5d74940b468ea4f8_original.gif

Last edited:

DWChancellor

Kobold Enthusiast
Only managed to play the first few scenes of Wrath of the Righteous before my group blew up a little and we stopped playing Pathfinder.

I've heard a lot of good things about Owlcat's Kingmaker and played it for about 30 minutes (was pretty brain-dead that month). It has a lot of the crunch of Pathfinder and is obviously catering to that mentality. Looked good and felt like a PF campaign.

Excited to get a second crack of this campaign digitally!

I also backed the MMO and it did "materialize," at least as much as their funding could make it do so. Didn't really pan out as much for lack of interest as lack of funding.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I have a work acquaintance who LOVED Kingmaker, he has probably been playing it for six months straight. I’ve been trying to get him to try tabletop RPGs, but he just won’t do it. It was fun however watching his mind blow when I told him where all of this content was coming from and how many more adventure paths that Owlcat had to draw from. 😁

Kaodi

Hero
Owlcat is not a big company. They built an engine for Kingmaker based on PF1, and they are probably not at a place yet where they can decide to put all that work aside. By building on the same engine they save time and money. And PF1 is still a fine system - it is not like replaying a Gold Box game based on AD&D. So hopefully this game is a success and then maybe they can think about switching to PF2 and maybe Age of Ashes.

charlesatan

Explorer
Isn't it time for the developers to start making games based on Second Edition?

They already built their (not so optimized/buggy) engine for the 1st Edition rulesest.

They'd have to start over if they want to do Second Edition. Also, they have a lot of lore and campaigns they can draw on from First Edition.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases