• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend: The Sunless Citadel (IC)

Yttermayn

First Post
Merenita cocks her head to the side like a dog hearing a strange noise. It is accomplished by rotating the whole body, but the gesture still carries the same meaning. "Huh?" she pauses "I'm... Merenita?" She is quiet again for a moment, then "Are you playing a game with me or something? You are very strange."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"oh ... my mistake. you are not conjured at all. You are native to here. Right?" then looking at the goblin he says," and what is this thing doing here?"

Wiggimuck

First Post
Ringrill shifts his weight onto the goblin nearly crushing it in the process.

Grapple 22

Ringrill speaks into the goblin's ear in a low voice while keeping his eyes on the approaching party.
Hurry up goblin. Answer quickly and you can go. And no chicanery. Hurry, I don't know what these folk want but it can't be good for you. I'll let you go if you give me honest answers, but you're almost out of time.

Ringrill keeps silent, letting Merenita and Athanil do the talking.

Yttermayn

First Post
"If I am native, that would be strange since I've not met another of my kind. I mean, if I understand the word correctly. This creature I guess would be native, since there are many more of them below, and they seem to live here. However, they eat people. So I don't like them. That's gross." Merenita stopped short. .o0'I'm getting really good at talking now, but I still have some awkward moments.'0o. she thought to herself.

ethandrew

First Post
Kael lowered his bow and walked toward the assembling group. He watched the transaction with keen eyes, his mind racing and trying to determine is the large talking spider was more than just that.

Knowledge Nature check of 15 for Kael to determine what type of creature this spider might be.

maddmic

Explorer
Darik slows his pace and lowers his sword as he realizes that it's now a goblin and not a child. He listens to the exchange between some of his hastily gathered companions and a spider of all things.

Seeing things at somewhat of a stalemate, he clears his throat and proclaims, "I am Darik, loyal servant of Heironeous. I am here to locate Sir Braford and the children that traveled with him. I would know each of your intentions regarding this manner and if you have any information."

He watched each of them in turn waiting for an answer from somebody.

Yttermayn

First Post
Again, Merenita shifted position to face Darik in a very humanoid gesture. To an observer noting the positioning of her eight eyes, it was unlikely that she actually needed to move at all to see in a very wide arc. "We seek the people carried off by this one's kin." Merenita gives the goblin a poke. "Uhm, before they are eaten."

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Going to post for the goblin as it seems logical instead of my normal update routine (waiting for everyone to post). I'll go back to my normal posting pattern when the goblin is out of the picture (either allowed to flee, escapes, or dies).

The goblin shrieks at the closeness of the spider, soiling himself, adding to his already foul stench.

"Not know, not know! Apples come from below, from secret place, like twiggy people! Durnn Chief not let no one go down there. We not want go down there! Goblins go down there, never come back!"

Arkhandus

First Post
Vardok remains in hiding, suspicious of the group ahead. He sneaks just a bit closer, seeing the goblin and the giant spider. 'Agh! What's goin' on? ....Must be a trap! Them damn fools...' he thinks to himself.

The dwarf stays in hiding and waits to see when and where the trap will be sprung. Probably once his foolish companions walk right up to the strange group and get sprung upon by the giant spider, the goblin, the wolf, and their 'human' friends. Probably just hobgoblins in disguise. Vardok waits, ready to run out and stab something if he needs to.

Wiggimuck

First Post
Ringrill releases his grip on the goblin and says to Athanil and Merenita, I'm not sure what else we can expect to get out of the goblin. I'm ready for it to go.

Ringrill is confused by the conversation between Merenita and Darik. What children? What do you know about this ravine?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads