• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PBP] Tholestia Chapter 1: Minotaur trouble and a failed ambush

Deepwinter 7

First Post
Seeing both Wulf and Tristan fall, Deepwinter 7 realises that it's once again up to him to save the day ;)

While running up to Wulf to manifest the power he only uses when the lives of comrades are at stake, the massive Astral Construct slams his mighty arm into the the bugbear:

You requested that 1 roll of a 20-sided die be rolled.

Roll them bones ... your dice are

Roll 1: 14.

You requested that 1 roll of a 8-sided die be rolled.

Roll them bones ... your dice are

Roll 1: 8.

AC 28 - Dmg 22

The sound of something hard hitting something hard very hard is heard throughout the forest when the construct slams his huge fist into the armor of the bugbear with full force. Afterwards it moves around the bugbear (if it doesn't have reach 10ft) so not to hinder the sight of the others, stopping at 15ft from the bugbear (for the construct does have reach 10ft)

Meanwhile Deepwinter 7 moves up to Wulf in a quickened pace, somehow not fitting the physics of his body (burst). Kneeling down besides Wulf an acute observer could have heard him mutter:

Here it goes again... *sigh* what am I doing this for, not as if they realise what this does to me

Carefully laying his hand on the breast of Wulf, the psion concentrates and suddenly the wounds of Wulf begin to reside... Grunting heavily DW7 retracts his hands and stumbles backwards

A succesfull Empathic Transfer has taken place, Wulf you're up 30 hitpoints

Spellsword

First Post
confused Wulf opens his blinkingly opens his eyes...What...where.....

than realising what has happened...he mutters in timid voice....Thank you Mr. Deepwinte....I owe you...but you must admit, I am capable of doing more than casting Magic missiles

Ilan

First Post
I look at Wulf reincarnated and say in a loud stern voice: "To your feet, soldier. THERE IS A BATTLE TO BE FOUGHT." I let out an intimidating warcry and with the rain pouring from my face and the dark weather that surrounds us I almost seem like a demonic creature send from another world to rage war against all.

Last edited:

Ilan

First Post
I know but don't tell the others and thanks

BUT if you must know,

18 + 4 = 22

yes it is an intimidating warcry

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Ilan's arrows shoot forward and pierce the Orc in the chest three times in rapid succesion. The Orc finally seems to calm down - and dies where he stands.

Alright - I am going to tick you all off a bit: Seeing as there is this huge construct next to the bugbear and the Bugbears first attack hit tristan and downed him, the bugbear doesn't make his 2nd attack but instead moves 20 feet to the righthand side of the battlefield (actually, a bit up as well, to get the tree in between him and the construct).

The bugbear drops his battleaxe, and very quickly draws a throwing axe in its place.
"Alright... I surrender! Let me and our survivors go, and I won't throw an axe in your dying friend's body. I am an expert axeman and would surely kill him."

Tristan, you are bleeding to death, but not quite dead yet... Deepwinter 7, please edit the construct's actions to accomodate this, keeping in mind that the bugbear has only 5 feet reach.

Now what do you all do?

Deepwinter 7

First Post
The actions of the construct remain the same, it moves towards the construct, stops at 10 ft and whacks it over the head while trying to get between Tristan and the bugbear

Reasons IC:

- The construct is not sentient, it was ordered to attack and DW7 was too busy manifesting the Empathic Transfer (or Wulf in general) to redirect the construct

- DW7 doesn't like Lawfull / Noble characters

Reasons OC:

- The bugbear doesnt stand a chance, we have a fair chance of winning, it's our turn now and trying to throw a battleaxe provokes an AoO from the construct

- I threw an 8 :D

- The construct is faster

- Tristan doesn't give a damn

While running DW7 yells:

We don't negotiate with terrorists, you surrender or DIE

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads