• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PbP] The Rising of a God

Deepwinter 7

First Post
[szy no mail at parents place]

Argos tries to find a place to either sit or stand as close to the storage room as possible without interfering with the guards or the leaders of the auction.

Sullaf

First Post
The room is now filled with a variety of people, mostly dressed in the most expensive garments. There are delegates from two Dwarven Tribes, one of which Gurd belongs to, three elven groups, lead by the elven ambassador and there are even representatives of the halflings. Dweldan blends in rather easily among the many nobles: even his fellow adventurers can hardly distinguish him. The servants seem rather reluctant to sit close to TJ, keeping a distance of at least three chairs between them and the Half-Orc. Two fellow clansmen start a conversation with Gurd, exchanging some news. Apparently there is going to be a grand wedding of one of Gurd's old youth friends. Both Dweldan and Gurd notice that a rather elegant looking elf steps up to Argos. They exchange some words and the elf slips something into Argos his hand. Then they greet and part, leaving Argos once again alone, standing near the curtains, right next to the storage room.

Because of the enormous crowd, it is rather hard to keep track of events and of people. The four of you notice that both Wicendannor and Adrendanner families are present in full numbers. While Dweldan mingles with the crowd he overhears two ladies talking about Baron Sirmex. Apparently his son left him in the middle of the night never to be heard of again. The Baron, having lost his daughter under mysterious circumstances, rode out to find his lost son, and only remaining family member, but to no avail. The Baron, now having lost everyone, collapsed and was treated by the best clerics, but the heart is not curable by mere magic. This was all old news, but lately a woman appeared at the Sirmex keep. She somehow cured the Baron, and stayed there ever since. The Baron was seen occasionally, but the woman ruled the barony, apparently with the Baron's permission. Her name was...

At that moment Dweldan spots the glittering of metal in the light of the great chandelier. Suddenly women are screaming everywhere and the crowd is panicking, running for the exits. Within seconds the middle of the floor is cleared, while everyone pushes away from the center, where young Drerilin lays bleeding on the ground with a dagger in his back. He looks hurt but not dead as soft moans can be heard from him. Young beautiful Celith is laying on top of him crying by his side as Alirelin stands tall in the center, fists shacking, he screams "Those blasted Adrendanner! This means war! I will have my vengance on there whole cursed family and that wicked witch!"

Several men nod agreeing and mutter "Her Her and sounds can be heard of an upcoming civil unrest. What will you do?

Last edited:

Ilan

First Post
In my bouldering voice I say: "By the name of BLOODHAMMER, Dwarves seal the doors. EVERYONE STAYS." And I flex my muscles as I take my stand in front of the kitchen door.

Deepwinter 7

First Post
I quickly glance towards the exit towards the kitchen to see if anyone tries to leave the vicinity. I keep in the background urging our cleric to heal the youngster as soon as possible. Anyone looking a little bit too relaxed I will try to follow around the room

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Dweldan walks towards the Wicendannor. If he can grab the attention of one of them, he will impart him or her with the following words:"Don't you think this is all a bit convenient? Your fued is well known; perhaps someone wants you to go to war. I suggest you do not make overly rash decisions."

takew

First Post
TJ stands up and walks to the victim. He then casts a spell on the person laying on the ground. Trying to heal him as best as he can.

[Prot. Evil and if necessary a Magic Weapon in the second round. 1d8+3 and 1d8+3.]

Sullaf

First Post
Gurd has a hard time getting anyones attention, as the panicked crowd flees out of the room. Although few succeed to go through the kitchen door, as Gurd tries to stop them, most just run towards another exit. He gets some help from some of the clansmen, although one or two get knocked over.

Argos has a hard time reaching the cleric, but when he sees the cleric is already on his way he has a change to observe the crowd. To his amazement, none of the Adrendanner are present anymore. Most nobles are running for their lives, the other half is busy listening Alirelin, and his words for war. Someone then suddenly grabs his wrists and pulls him towards the stage.

Dweldan on top of the action, grabs Alirelin by his sleeves and tries to talk some sense into the young aristocrat, but the bewildered look on Alirelin face is a sure sign that his words fall on deaf ears.

Tj's prayers do seem to stop the wound from bleeding, but the wound does not close. A purple glow surround the wound and a greenish substance can be seen on the dagger.

Then suddenly a harsh voice can be heard, filled with authority, in the kind of tone, which demands attention. Asaewin stands lonely on the stage when he yells "BE SILENT, AND SIT DOWN!" All of a sudden, the crowd stops running and all faces turn towards the podium "You are behaving like a bunch of children. A crime has been committed and I have appointed an investigation team. He says while he pulls Argos onto the podium " No more blood shall be spilled than absolutely necessary! No war shall be proclaimed. Where are you all running from. No harm will come to any of you. Now bring the poor soul to the church of Pelor: they will heal him. Then go and arrest the Adrendanner family. Asaewin says while he turns towards Argos. The crowd seems pleased with these words and general excitement is to be heard

Asaewin whispers to Argos "I heard people talking that it was Wilhelm who had a knife. I want you to arrest him, but keep him save at the same time. I do not think this crowd will sit still and an all out city war is not something I could use right now. Suspect or not the boy deserves a trial, not the cities wrath. My men will take care of Drerilin. This should buy you some time before the mob comes for him. So hurry to the Adrendanner estates.

He smiles a tired gentle smile "I was afraid it would come to this..."

Ilan

First Post
The words of Asaewin grabbing my attention, I turn to the stage. Seeing him stand alone on stage adressing the crowd, it hits me and my mind makes a giant leap. What if HE is the one who arranged for this to happen? It would be the perfect crime and the perfect way to seize control over this rabble of fighting humans.

Remembering the lafwull ways of my homeland I say: "What proof do we have they did it? Who saw them?"

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Whispering just loud enough that he can hear me, looking him straight in the eye:"I ask you to ponder my words carefully... the Andrendanner know suspicion would immediatly fall to them if they tried to assassinate your relative. Immediatly. If you believe your enemy to be smarter than that, perhaps you have more than one obvious enemy. This place of the attempt as well; It was not chosen for purposes of efficiency, but for maximum public impact. My name is Dweldan, if you think I could be worth of giving further guidance, track me down."

With that I release my hands and gaze from him, and join up with Argos. "Did your keen elven eyes see anything?"

Last edited:

Deepwinter 7

First Post
Addressing Dweldan with a slight hint hint of remembrance in it's voice
"Keen my eyes may be, but I have wasted their talents by looking to books and scrolls for too long now. Since I was at the outskirts of the mob, I unfortunately couldn't catch a glance of what actually transpired"

Then dropping his voice to a silent whisper intended only for the Ranger to hear

"This whole fued thing is a little too obvious. I am absolutely sure their is a lot more to this than those two families. Unless they are either outragiously stupid or a little more cunning then we suspect and willing to play for very high stakes, the real suspect comes from another house.

For the sake of the civil rest, we will arrest one of the Adrendanner family and put him into a safe house. To him we will explain our situation, for he is the one that will have to keep his family in tone. [?] We must act quickly, there is not much time these things will escalate before we realise it. I need to find out who the other influental families in this city are and who else might benefit from an all scale war between these two rivals.

I do not think Asaewin is involved, although from some simple logical point of view, which I can't fully grasp but can feel intuitively I could see him as a suspect. But even if he is, he is still our contractor as well"

The smile appearing on his face learns Dweldan something about the nature of this Elven Magi

"For us there is only the job, no point in endangering that"

Walking over to Asaewin , Argos addresses the weary auctionair "I am sorry we couldn't do more to prevent this accident, but I guess we all knew that it was Faith himself who had his eyes on your auction. I am sure we will be compansated for the additional burden you lay on us. We will get to the bottom of this."

Looking around the room for the fellowship and trying to get their attention

"Fellow comrades, there might be more to this than we can see or understand right now, but I think it is of great importance that we at least set an example and apprehend one of the youngsters of the house of Adrendanner to be put into a safe house. Then we will have to talk to both of the families in order to find out if there could be any others who might benefit from an all-scale city war.

Any other suggestions from your part?"

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads