• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PBP] Tholestia Chapter 1: Minotaur trouble and a failed ambush

Spellsword

First Post
Wulf:

Enraged about the arrogant and vile Orc and riven by the urge to demonstrate he can do more than casting magic missiles, mounted high on his horse the Young spellsword swings his two bladed sword and it seems like three glittering eels whoosh through the air.

1:
You requested that 1 roll of a 20-sided die be rolled.
Roll them bones ... your dice are
Roll 1: 18.+13=31

You requested that 1 roll of a 8-sided die be rolled. The total for each roll has 8 added to it.
Roll 1: 14.

2:
Roll 1: 9+8=17

You requested that 1 roll of a 8-sided die be rolled. The total for each roll has 5 added to it.
Roll 1: 9.

3:
Roll 1: 13.+13=26

You requested that 1 roll of a 8-sided die be rolled. The total for each roll has 8 added to it.
Roll 1: 12.

Moreover he releases a sudden electric shock from his blade which strikes the orc....
(channel spell shocking grasp, I do not know whether I have to make an attack roll...you can do it if you want, but do not forget...the bastard wears metal armor.....:) )

You requested that 1 roll of a 8-sided die be rolled. The total for each roll has 3 added to it.

Roll 1: 9.

Now lets us see whom of us was right MR. ORC!!

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Wulf twirl his two balded sword around wiht great skill, and discharges a shock of electricity on his first strike. The second and third strike follow, all expertly placed. The Orcs arms and forehead are cut, and the rain makes it seem like he is losing gallons of blood.

(The Orc takes 44 damage)

However, the time of reckoning has not yet come for this orc, and he looks very upset with you, and seems determined to slay you at the next opportunity.

Then suddenly, behind Tristan, a shrill goblinoid voice is heard at the same time the goblin strikes at Tristan's unprotected kidneys.
The spikes of the Goblin's Light flail penetrate Tristan's Armour and Tristan gives a short cry of pain.

(Sneak attack damage: 12, Light Flail damage: 6, for a total of 18 damage. This leaves Tristan at 11 hitpoints)

Next up: Diactum

Bacter

First Post
OOC: As I can't see what brutal things are happening to Tristan (several trees in the way), I stick to the nearest source of danger: The orc.

I'll go and try to finish him Wulf!!!

Diactum moves a bit to the right and subsequently casts a magic missile on the orc.
OOC: need offensive spells!!!

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Magic Missile:
You requested that 1 roll of 5 4-sided dice be rolled. The total for each roll has 5 added to it.

Roll 1: 3, 1, 4, 3, 1 = 17.

Red sparks surround you as you chant the words for a Magic Missile spell. You only see a minute part of the Orc, but for Magic Missile, you know that is enough. 5 magical red globes of magical force speed from your fingertips into the savage warrior.

Miraculously, the Orc is still standing, though now he is barely hanging on to life. Beyond his breaking point, the Orc swings his wicked scimitar at Wulf in complete and utter hatred.
He basically cuts open your entire torso with his first blow: 43 damage (yes, that was a critical; a 20 followed by a 20 followed by a 2 - if that last roll would have a 3 you would have been dead at the spot*). Wulf falls off his horse and takes an additional 3 subdual damage. Blood squirts everywhere, and the mud around Wulf turns a reddish brown colour as he lies there bleeding to death (-6). The rain dilutes his blood even further making it look like he is losing gallons at the time.

Still completely enfuriated the orc strikes at the horse as it is the only thing he can draw blood from. Even though it was prancing and whinnying and staggering from losing its rider, the Orc makes one clean blow and cuts the noble animals head clean off... at the shoulder, shearing through 2 feet of tense equestrian neck muscles. The Orc lets out a bellow of pleasure.

Next up: Tristan.

*: Am I a killer Dm? :eek:

Last edited:

takew

First Post
Tristan feels himself surrounded and a image of his training days comes in mind. "Trust your feelings Tristan. Strike them all at once…" He performs one of the hardest attacks known to mankind. He swings his sword around just once and manage to strike both targets with this single blow. Starting with the foul goblin. He does it though with a certain precautions that it looks like he takes a defensive stand against the two attackers.

OOC: Whirlwind attack and expertise (–5 to hit +5 AC)

You requested that 2 rolls of a 20-sided die be rolled.
Roll 1: 19.
Roll 2: 13.

Crit:
Roll 1: 11.
Dmg:
Goblin - You requested that 3 rolls of a 8-sided die be rolled. The total for each roll has 7 added to it.
Roll 1: 14.
Roll 2: 10.
Roll 3: 12.

Bugbear - You requested that 1 roll of a 8-sided die be rolled. The total for each roll has 7 added to it.
Roll 1: 15.

Goblin: 19+15(base)-5(exp.)+1(bless)=30 AC -> dmg 14
Crit?: 11+15(base)-5(exp.)+1(bless)=22 AC -> dmg 36

Bugbear: 13+15(base)-5(exp.)+1(bless)=24 AC -> dmg 15

OOC: So much work and so little time…

Tristan looks on fire but has his mind in the right place. He takes a five foot step to a strategic position out of this flanking situation.[1up and 1 right]Than there is that voice again "Tristan, trust your feelings… GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!!!"

OOC: ps. Critical x3 because of special skill Weapon Master

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
As tristan puts his sword in a defensive position and makes a single strike in a 180 degree angle, his sword creating a trail of water in the air, he kills the goblin instantly by disemboweling it. The Goblin's entrails create a puddle of gore and guts on the wet grass it was standing on. His blade continues on towards the heavily armoured bugbear - but his aim falls short of the mark and is intercepted by the Bugbear's shield. Still, the Bugbear isn't very happy by this obvious display of skill. Nor by the 10 foot tall construct standing to the right of him*.

Tristan however, the Bugbear knows he can hit as he hit him before, and he makes a slash at him with his expertly crafted battleaxe. The slash hits Tristan in the thigh, despite trying to parry, dodge, get his shield in the way, the skill of the Bugbear is too great (Tristan takes 16 damage). He move away from the contruct.

Tristan is now at -5 hitpoints.

Next up the round 4 overview.

* voor de kijkers links

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Round 4

Initiative Order is still unchanged:
Ilan: 21
Deepwinter 7: 18
Hobgoblin Archer: 17 (Iron Bands of Billaro)
Human: 17 (most likely dead)
Wulf: 16 (unconscious)
Goblin: 16 (certainly dead)
Diactum: 11
Orc: 10
Tristan: 9
Hobgoblin Cleric: 9 (Held in place by Psionic cocoon of Ectoplasm)
Bugbear: 3

Hitpoint tally: Tristan 13, Ilan 46, Deepwinter 7: 66 (subdual damage = 2), Diactum 22, Wulf -6 (Subdual damage = 3)

Next up: Ilan - read OOC thread for cover info etc.

Attachments

• tactical map5.jpg
    tactical map5.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

Ilan

First Post
OOC: Ilan moved 20 ft. forward last round, I take my actions as if I wasn't teleported back :)

From my position in the middle of the battlefield I look quickly where my help is needed. Seeing Wulf going down I know he has only one chance of survival. I zoom in at the Orc and drive my trusted steed to move towards him while firing my arrows.

13 + 20 + 1 pb + 1 - 4 - 4 horseback = 27
damage = 5 + 6 + 2 pb = 13
(just to make sure)
10 + 20 + 1 pb + 1 - 4 - 4 horseback = 24
damage = 4 + 6 + 2 pb = 12
(and why not)
13 + 15 + 1 pb + 1 - 4 - 4 horseback = 22
damage = 5 + 6 + 2 pb = 13

Moving quickly with my horse I pull back the reigns as I arrive next to Wulf, coming to a sudden halt. "Hold the lines, Wulf needs my help quick."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads