• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PBP] Tholestia Chapter 1: Minotaur trouble and a failed ambush

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
POSTED BY ILAN
"Deepwinter, start summoning. Wulf, take care of the Bugbear."

I fire my bow aiming for the Human.

17 + 21 - 4 = 34
19 + 21 - 4 = critical 36 14 + 21 - 4 = 31 hit??
12 + 16 - 4 = 24 Miss

6 + 6 = 12
6 + 3 + 5 + 24 = 38
5 + 6 = 11

20% concealment Rolls:
Roll 1: 33.
Roll 2: 51.
Roll 3: 93.

total damage = 50
I move my horse 5 ft to the left

The Human wizard collapses to the ground. Only Ilan's eyesight is sharp enough to see that one of the arrows went straight for the heart of the mage. If he is not dead yet, he will be in mere moments.

Deepwinter 7 starts creating an astral construct. Ectoplasmic goo from the Astral plane start surrounding him and his eyes give off a bright flash. After that, Ilan knows, his eyes will continue to burn like a fire was being lit behind his pupils for as long as the construct is in effect.

Slowly Deepwinter 7 starts collecting more and more ectoplasm. In six seconds, in which he will have to maintain perfect concentration, he will have gathered enough ectoplasm to create a construct: a Large, grey, humanoid looking creature with few details that will attack his enemies.

Last edited:

Deepwinter 7

First Post
The ectoplasm starts to take shape 50 ft in front of him as close to the bugbear as the range of the spell permits. Without breaking concentration DW7 yells:

I'll give that bugbear something to play with!

OOC: Okay maybe it's not possible to yell that, it doesn't matter really... Furthermore I had a 24 craft check, at least it should look slightly dandy :D

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Wulf is up next. It would be nice to have a sheet as you perform your actions :) (edit: especially as lycos will do maintenance on tripod, disallowing me to update my site for seven days from the 22nd onward)

Rav

Last edited:

Spellsword

First Post
Wulf:

OOC/ Sheet is coming tomorrow (to late alas, I am in maastricht now and my sheet is on my computer in Hoorn/OOC

The Bugbear is already taken care of...I will take the orc!

Wulf Casts MM (sorry guys, not yet accustomed to HIgh level gaming, and it has te be used anyway....:) targeting the orc

Roll them bones ... your dice are

Roll 1: 4, 2 = 8.

and moves to that single tree in a straight line from where he is standing now, in front of those two trees together (if you see where I mean:) )

and ponders....:I should get myself a bow....I am both strong and dextrous.....and I should use my these skills more....

Nezt possbility Mighty Composite longbow +4....no matter what it costs..

turn!

Last edited:

Spellsword

First Post
Wulf:

OOC/ Sheet is coming tomorrow (to late alas, I am in maastricht now and my sheet is on my computer in Hoorn/OOC

The Bugbear is already taken care of...I will take the orc!

Wulf Casts MM (sorry guys, not yet accustomed to HIgh level gaming, and it has te be used anyway....:) targeting the orc

Roll 1: 4, 2 = 8.

and moves to that single tree in a straight line from where he is standing now, in front of those two trees together (if you see where I mean:) )

and ponders....:I should get myself a bow....I am both strong and dextrous.....and I should use my these skills more....

Nezt possbility Mighty Composite longbow +4....not matter what it costs..

turn!

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
You chant arcane words and cast your spell*, red pulsating globes of energy shoot forth from your fingertips to hit the Orc. Unfortunately he doesn't seem all that impressed. In fact, he hardly seems to notice. He might be slightly too pissed off to register the pain, but at least that means you haven't drawn attention to yourself.

You start moving your horse towards the the two trees, but the muddy conditions and the pouring rain don't allow your trusted steed to move more than 40 feet, which means that you are now beside the two trees, the trees beig on your left hand side**.

* 20% Arcane Spell Failure: Roll 1: 62.
** every 2nd diagonal counts as 10 feet of movement

Next up: Diactum.

Spellsword

First Post
&(^^%#@@!$$$!!!!!

/OOC I keep on forgetting Ron's monsters do always match with the Manual...(where orcs have 1 HD :)

I guess my sword has to the dirty work then......

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Spellsword said:
/OOC I keep on forgetting Ron's monsters do always match with the Manual...(where orcs have 1 HD :)
It matches the Monter Manual perfectly: it says so right there under advancement: "Advancement by character class" :D

Bacter

First Post
Thinking that this displayment of magic by Wulf was a bit petty ;) and did not quite achieve it's goal (killing the incoming Orc), Diactum decides to try to take out the Orc by casting a fireball. The ball is targeted right in front of the Orc. The ball of fire should spread within a 20 feet radius, therefore only affecting the Orc. Diactum says:

Hey Wulf.... I'll try to finish this orc with some REAL magic

Diactum moves diagonally left/upwards for as far as this turn allows him to, trying to get the best view on the orc for successfully casting his fireball and MOST IMPORTANT not harming Ilan or Deepwinter.

Roll 1: 3, 1, 1, 5, 5, 3, 4, 1, 2 = 25 damage!

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Red sparks gather around your hands as you begin casting your Fireball spell. A small ball shoots forward right in front of the onrushing Orc.

Kaboom!

But again the Orc hardly seems to flinch. Completely enraged, he managed to sustain very little damage from the blast. The fireball leaves a slight fog in the rainy conditions. The Orc then rushes out of this quickly dispersing fog, moving as fast as he can. His idea is apparently getting Wulf's horse between him and that nasty Elvish archer.

(He moves 9 squares directly down and one the right, left of the front of Wulf's horse, 5 feet between them)

Now he is a bit closer, you can see that he is about 5'8", is wearing a truly beatiful set of breastplate which must be made especially for him as it fits his body perfectly. The Great Scimitar he wields has many barbs and spikes on its edge, and is probably designed to leave wicked wounds. His face is contorted in anger and bloodlust, and he looks at you menacingly.

Next up: Tristan

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads