• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PBP] Tholestia Chapter 1: Minotaur trouble and a failed ambush

takew

First Post
While singing his song, Tycho makes a move towards the bear and attacks him twice with his flaming sword…

Attack 1: 16(roll) + 10(standard) + 2(bull's strength) = AC 28
Dmg 1: 6(roll) + 6(str) + 1(magic) = 13 dmg (1 fire dmg)
Attack 2: 18(roll) + 5(standard) + 2(bull's strength) = AC 25
Dmg 2: 17(roll) + 6(str) + 1(magic) = 24 dmg (5 fire dmg)

OOC: Bardic Music effect: allies receive a +2 morale bonus to saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus to attack and weapon damage rolls.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Tycho steps up and makes two swings with his great flaming blade. Two large slabs of wraith essence disappear from the bear. He then starts to sing a tune to lighten his companions hearts.

The wraith bear chomps down with claws and maw, all going with one motion towards Deepwinter 7s face, who is still somewhat surprised by the bear suddenly emerging from the ground to begin with.

Deepwinter resists the draining of his health, but does gain quite a few grey marks on his face (12 damage). He is now ready to react.

Last edited:

Deepwinter 7

First Post
Aghast by the sudden appearance of a wraith bear DW7 yells to the Fellowship

"Don't use the trees for cover, I think that even standing close to them can be harmfull. Take out this foul apparison before it drains our energy!"

Actions delayed untill after Kheldev and Ilan

Sullaf

First Post
"All ya lads ma'a'run fo'it. I'll trrry an'ol'im of. Quick! go!" says in a decissive voice, while he positions himself between the bear and Deepwinter 7. Humming along with Tycho's ballad, the dwarf seems quite happy to be in combat once again. He swings his axe into the bear's side and in the return stroke, tries to aim for the creature's head, although Kheldev is in doubt whether it really matters where the apparition is hit.

Attack 1: 8(roll) + 13(standard) + 2(bs) = 23
Damage 1: 4(roll) + 9(standard) + 3(bs) = 16
Attack 2: 9(roll) + 8(standard) + 2(bs) =19
Damage 2: 10(roll) + 8(standard) +2(bs) = 20

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Both the Dwarf's axe strikes seem to have no effect. His aim was true, but he just seems to pass through the beast.

[OOC: Read what Bard Song does again, and read the OOC posts: Bard Song doesn't affect you yet]

Ilan is ready to act. (I will move Ilan up in initiative after this round due to an error. It doesn't matter much anyway)

Ilan

First Post
I make a step to the right (1 square) and make my attack.

[attack1: 5 +17+3(meta)+1(pb)=26]
[attack2:12+17+3(meta)+1(pb)=33]
[attack3: 5 +12+3(meta)+1(pb)=21]

[1d8+8=14]
[1d8+8=15]
[1d8+8=12]

"That should do, if it wasn't for his ghostly powers"

Bacter

First Post
[If the beast hadn't already died]

Now it is my turn to try and hold him off

Diactum reaches in his handy haversack for his wand of slow and subsequently uses the wand to slow the beast down.

Difficulty class: 10 (base) + 5 (int modifier) + 3 (spell level) = 18

The slow spell: Affected creatures move and attack at a drastically slowed rate. Slowed creatures can take only a partial action each turn. Additionally, they suffer –2 penalties to AC, melee attack rolls, melee damage rolls, and Reflex saves. Slowed creatures jump half as far as normal. Will negates. Duration: 9 rounds

Last edited:

Deepwinter 7

First Post
Single move back-away from the grizzly trying to avoid its attacks

"Ilan set our trail deeper into this forest! Kheldev don't lag behind, in this darkened forest we can get lost or seperated all too easily"

Sullaf

First Post
"Meh eyes will guide meh. Now go! Us canno' be fi'in' all mo'ers who rrrearrrr they'ugly 'ed!"

Kheldev tries to stay between Dw7 and the bear while shouting towards Tycho "Tha'means'ya too!"

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Ilan's arrows all zip through the wraith bear, leaving it just as tough as it was. Diactum then activates his wand* and blue sparks surround the wraith for a split second, but the creature seems to resist the magic and still moves just as quickly.

Wulf is now ready to act.

* Standard wands have a DC and caster level at the very minimum (5th level caster with 13 INT, for a duration of 5 rounds and a DC of 14). You can get ones which are higher, but they cost a lot more.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads