• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PBP] Tholestia Chapter 2: Quest for the Lore of Saljara the Many Faceted

Deepwinter 7

First Post
Relieved that everyone is finally ready to once again face adventure Deepwinter 7 addresses the group

This stone will aid us greatly and might help us to reach the center of this evil forest without being attacked by undead. Let us use it as we enter the forest, one hour might be enough if we quicken our pace.

Then on a more careful note

You, Ilan, must take the lead for you must assure we take a straight line towards the deeps of this forest, but you can't scout ahead like you did last time. 10 square feet is not much so we must walk closely together. If everyone is ready, let's ride!

If everyone agrees, Diactum can activate the stone when we enter the forest

Ilan

First Post
With a relieved smile that we are ready to do combat once again, I put away my bow and draw my new sword once again. "Deepwinter, can you enhance this with your magical powers. The bow I use now is less effective then my broken one.

Deepwinter 7

First Post
[for story's sake it's better if we decided to level up before these last two posts, if Rav wants it, they can also be removed]

My powers do not come from the gods of Magic, dear Ilan; they are the result of intense mental mastery. No wizard would be able to manifest the powers that are in my repertoire, and no wizard would be able to cast them without his spell components. I understand that the presence of sorcerers who use their charisma and cunning to cast spells might confuse you, but I assure you that my powers are stricly psionic of nature. So don't call it magic, magic is for those that spend their time in books and study or for those lucky few that can be named to be sorcerers.

then more friendly showing some sympathy to Ilan the Woodsman

I know that the results of my powers are much akin to magic and that the ways of Diactum and I are similar in many ways, but you must remember that also Diactum would not be pleased if you call his spells psionical.

And as for your sword, I doubt that it will be very effective if I enhance it powers, for it seams fairly strong as it is. We plan to avoid combat, so I want to save my powers for later. And I am happy to inform you that I have some new tricks up my sleeve...By the way, nice boots you got there ;)

Ilan

First Post
:)

With a look, that seemed like I just remembered something I say in return: "Aaah, Oh yes, I have been meaning to ask you, if you could identify these boots for me. With all the disruptions that have come to pass I kinda forgot about those. And I start laughing, when I take of my boots.

Deepwinter 7

First Post
Ah yes, surely I can. But in return you will be in charge of dinner tonight

[If I manage to find the time in between my studies I use the dorje of Identify and my Master Dorje skills to identify Ilan's boots]

Ilan

First Post
I continue laughing while I retord: "How can I be in charge of dinner and go hunting if you have my boots. Give me yours and then I will go. Oh and while you are at it, can you use your psionic powers to identify this blade. I hand him the silver weapon we have retrieved from the Elven undead

Last edited:

Ilan

First Post
With all kidding aside I cook a mean meal with the food I managed to find and shoot in the forest. I will continue to do so over the following days, in the meantime training my swordarm when I have some time to spare. The guard duties are shared between myself and Tycho.

However, when the days continue to pass, my behaviour changes slightly. When I'm practising my swordskill with my shirt taken of, you can just sense that my power has grown since we have left the forest. I seem to be practising more furiously then before. Also I seem to have lost the good mood that I had the two fist days we got out of that wicked place. My long talks to Deepwinter don't seem to help much.

The tattoo of the two red eyes on my chest seem to be burning through your eyes. And you cannot look at them longer then a minute. As they seem to become more "powerfull", I seem to become more irritated.

Last edited:

Sullaf

First Post
OOC: Why are you sparring with the bard and not the fighter(s)? :)

Kheldev will remain in the background, dedicated to his work with his chisel and his stone slabs. He will help around and talk with the rest, but the dwarf seems less 'alive' without a steady supply of ale. He works feverishly on his craft, cursing when things do not go as planned. He will train with the rest at least 2 hours a day, but seems less interested in the art of war since his last encounter with the living dead.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
[I just find the idea of wizards leveling up (hence gaining extra spells in their spellbooks) in the wilds absolutely prepostereous. Hence, DM muscle flexing coming up :) ]

In the evening of the first day it starts to become really clouded. The sunny weather of the last couple of days seems to have come to an end in the start of what is going to be a very heavy storm indeed, according to Ilan's wilderness skills.

This would make scribing in spellbooks incredibly difficult. In fact, this would completely make it impossible. Also, you think you can see some wraiths coming close to the edge of the forest now that the sun is away. It should be about half an hour till the sky will be completely overcast however, so you ahve some time to break up camp and leave if needed.

[you do realise you all are only one hour away from the village by horse right? ]

Ilan

First Post
OOC: Leveling up in a small village, where they have no wizard however is quite logical :)

"I think we should seek shelter in the village. The weather is becoming more and more dangerous as we speak. A storm is heading this way. Pack up your gear and follow me.

I ride up front and let my reins go free, so he can give it all he's got. It is a wonderfull feeling when the first raindrops hit my face.

OOC: Just consider my previous post to be after this.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads