• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PBP] Tholestia Chapter 2: Quest for the Lore of Saljara the Many Faceted

Sullaf

First Post
While not taking his eyes of the structure and carressing it softly, like one would harness a valuable gem or a fragile flower, Kheldev says in an absentminded voice. "Don'be botherin' me while me be study'n the stonework"

He takes a step back, totally ignoring the elf while he eyes the whole of the structure with a professional look. "Ya tears jus'be well'n up when one beholds beauty like this" Kheldev says to no one in particular. He takes one final professional look (trying to determine if he missed any details) before turning towards the elf. He addresses the group and says in a dramatic tone "Oi, thi'here'buil'n i'not a ordinairrrry one. These walls where no'buil'. Thi'corridors where no'dug, tha floo'no'carved, the stones no'cut: Thi'here buil'n was created!"

Deepwinter 7

First Post
After letting Kheldev rant on about the obviously magical building, Deepwinter 7 asks for the groups permission to look for an entrance to the fortress

Let us move onward and search for the main entrance

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
[Assuming everyone (grudgingly or not) accompanies Deepwinter 7...]

You soon see a strange and chaotically vibrant magical portal in the building. The flickering green and blue magical energies which make up the gate seem somewhat transparent, though you can not yet see through them without getting even closer. The portal is situated approximately 70 feet away from the corner. The gate fully fills up a gap in the otherhwise completely smooth building. There is no edge or frame around the gate.

Deepwinter 7

First Post
Upon seeing the magical portal shimmering slightly in the darkness of the forest, Deepwinter 7 requests the Fellowship to halt some 20 foot away from the magical dweomer.

Let me create an Astral Construct and send it through the portal to see what happens. Although I would not be able to see through its eyes, I can order it to try and come back when possible

Sullaf

First Post
"Me be go'n tha take a closer look. Me mi'be able to learrn some more 'bout this entrance"

Kheldev will move slowly towards the portal, while staying on the lookout voor traps and such.

OOC: Search portal thingy for traps or anything else

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Kheldev the dwarf examines the portal closely. He can now see through the magical barrier and it seems to be going to a lobby or antechamber of sorts. The walls on the other side seem cluttered, though you can not see with what. You see movement, but although the movement you see is slow, the thing you see moving comes across as moving really fast and is blurred.

After closer examination of the portal itself Kheldev comes to the conclusion that the portal does not seem to be trapped.

Deepwinter 7

First Post
Relieved by the fact that the portal looks safe, Deepwinter 7 asks the group if of using a construct would still be necessary.

What do you say? Any volunteers? Or shall I send some ectoplasm through, which might be a little offending to the beings on the other side

Deepwinter 7

First Post
After seeing Deepwinter 7 take a few steps backwards you see him starting a now well-known routine that indicates that he will soon summon one of his Astral Constructs.

A low bass-pitched humm issues, eerily akin to many deep-pitched voices. The eyes of Deepwinter 7 burn like points of silver while the raw ectoplasm starts to form before the feet of the psion. In a bright rainbow flash of light the ectoplasm shudders and comes to life.

I made this construct to look as less-offensive as possible. Let us give it a note saying that it's just testing the portal and then send it through

Deepwinter 7 then directs the construct through the portal

[hd and craft available on request]

Remove ads