• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PBP] Tholestia Chapter 2: Quest for the Lore of Saljara the Many Faceted

Ilan

First Post
"I'll have to study it, Deepwinter, give me some time and I can give you some answers."

I study the bodys carefully. Trying to determine the cause of death and if they are potent victims that can be used to be ressurected as some kind of undead. Probably they can, cause since when do necromancers have high standards. Also, I study the ground with great precision. Looking for tracks or a clue that could mean that there is life, or liveless life, here. The skeletol footprints that I found in the forest still puzzle me. maybe the creature can also acces this place.

While I examin the room I say to Deepwinter"Maybe you can study the walls, Seven, there could be an explaination for all of this on them. Or to where we are."

Bacter

First Post
WOW!!! Interesting Magical structure... Let's see if I know something more about these types of structures

Do my knowledge skills (history +17 and arcana +17) let me have some more information on why these structures used to be erected and what their nature is?

And just for verification... Diactum casts a detect magic aming at the walls and doors

Last edited:

Deepwinter 7

First Post
Before going in, Deepwinter 7 tries to see what he can make of the writings on the wall

[Languages: Tarnian, Veduran, Naran, Amstradan, Orc, Dwarf, Elf, Giant, Celestial, Abyssal, Infernal
Kn: Psionics, The Planes]

Sullaf

First Post
Diactum casts a detect magic aming at the walls and doors
;) Euh...

Kheldev slowly tracks the walls with his hands muttering dwarven praise at the craftmanship. He tries to recollect if he has ever heared of walls crafted this perfect. Other than dwarven made of course...

OOC: Stonecraft check/ profession Miner check

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Diactum knows this is most likely a mage guild or arcane university of sorts. The only one he remembers reading about in this area was only speculated to exist though... but that would be the same one you are looking for. This could very well be the building which holds the lore of Saljara the many faceted.

The detect magic spell registrates the entire room as magical, though the walls are more potent. After concentrating for 10 seconds you start to focus on the schools. All schools of magic are present on the walls. The floor and ceiling are full of transmutation magic. The doors itself Concentrating on the room itself, you notice a lingering aura of illusion magic scattered around the room. The 'trail' seems quite... fresh.

Deepwinter studies the writings. They are clearly arcane symbols and together they probably make complicated magical formulas. They are beyond Deepwinter's comprehension.

Ilan knows for certain that the corpses inside did not make the skeletal tracks outside. From the fresher corpses it seems that these people were slain by magic. He does not have the expertise to know whether these corpses could be animated or not. You continue with studying the floor...

takew

First Post
Awaking from a long and deep sleep from which Tycho doesn't understand where it came from, he finds himself with his compaignons in this room.

First things first... He thinks to himself. And he concentrates a while to sence if there is any evil lurking around.

[where the **** is the spellingssjekker?]

Sullaf

First Post
If Kheldev learns nothing more from the walls, he will start to investigate the doors: the one opposite to the entrance first. He will search for signs of traps (either magical or plain mechanical).

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
To Kheldev the writings on the wall look too much like wizard's stuff: completely incomprehensible.

As Tycho concentrates on whether there is any evil in this room, and detects a lingering aura of evil, Ilan hears a short flutter of sound. There is someone or something moving beyond your normal vison in this room.

Last edited:

Remove ads