• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PC on PC action!

Len

Prodigal Member
STARP_JVP said:
The DM can't really do much to encourage it, though, can he?
You could give each player a copy of the BoEF. Then, if anyone shows up for the next session, you'll probably get your wish. :)

Simplicity

Explorer
In one group I was running, one character was writing love poetry to another character... The other character was a barbarian though... I can't remember if she could actually read it.

Thanee

First Post
In the last campaign we started, we are playing the next generation after our last characters, where two PCs had a relationship, which began by infiltrating an evil stronghold and the pretty buff female cleric disguised as a blackguard was thought to have the whimpy mage with her as some sort of bed slave (he really didn't look to be good for much else), and so she decided, that to reinforce her role... well... you can figure out the rest (which obviously happened behind the curtains), anyways, the two became a couple. My own character in that campaign had a pretty stormy relationship to a noble (NPC), whom she pickpocketed, but then gave back what she got from him (because it was a bit too valuable). Of course, she told him, that he lost it, he doesn't need to know everything... ;)

Bye
Thanee

reveal

Adventurer
2005-02-14.jpg

drachin

First Post
This actually did occur in the last major campaign I DMed.

One of the characters (female friend of mine) was trying to find out why her fiance never showed up for the wedding. The other character (my husband hehehe) was adventuring for the fun of it. They found that their characters had a lot of reason to be attracted to each other (both very charismatic characters who survived a lot together along with the rest of the party). As the female bard grew more bitter about her fiance, she grew more attracted to the male sorceror, yet played the tension very well. By the time she had decided that she was really in love with the sorceror and hated her fiance, I reintroduced the fiance on a more permanent basis (she had run across him a few times before resulting in greater and greater emotional turmoil) and enjoyed the chaos as she battled her recovering feelings for her fiance when he told her the "truth" of everything he had done and the reasons for it and her new feelings for the sorceror (feelings her fiance was quite aware of for certain reasons of reading her personal journals hehehe)(his moment of confession left her useless at work for the entire day as we handled that one over email between sessions).

By the time her fiance died at the end of the game, I had her bawling (the player AND the character), and being comforted in the arms of the sorceror who was ordered to take care of her and watch over her by a fiance that knew he would never be able to truly be with her again (him being an undead vampire and all before he sacrificed himself so he could at least die with the memory of her loving him instead of despising him).

It was absolutely beautiful, and I would do it again at any point. All of my players found the experience very rewarding and not uncomfortable at all.

Of course, such a thing would not have happened if any players had been uncomfortable with it! Hehe...I felt that everyone played their characters quite maturely, and the conflict and final results over the 3 1/2 year period will be remembered in our group for all time.

I love making players cry. :-D

the_myth

First Post
STARP_JVP said:
One of my ambitions as a DM is to have two player characters 'get it on', either via a snog or preferably something a bit more intense. I've had romances between PCs and NPCs before, several times, and I had one PC become pregnant, but I've never managed to achieve it between two PCs. The DM can't really do much to encourage it, though, can he? That's up to the players. Has anyone ever had two PCs 'at it like knives' during the course of the campaign. Note I'm talking about player characters here, not the players themselves. I don't want to go into that area, thanks.

been there...

done that...

wrote a master's thesis about it...

In short: only I and the other player enjoyed it...perhaps a little too much. The DM was amused but slightly shocked by our roleplaying of it. The other players were just kind of awestruck and annoyed.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads