Penny Arcade weigh in

mcmillan

Adventurer
Agreed that the commentary following the comic is worth a read. I wasn't expect the penny-arcade folks to come out so strongly given their history with WOTC, though sounds like they don't have an ongoing deal for doing Acquisitions Inc (which itself is a little surprising to me and I think says something about how WOTC views community engagement like that sort of thing)

Haplo781

Legend
Agreed that the commentary following the comic is worth a read. I wasn't expect the penny-arcade folks to come out so strongly given their history with WOTC, though sounds like they don't have an ongoing deal for doing Acquisitions Inc (which itself is a little surprising to me and I think says something about how WOTC views community engagement like that sort of thing)
"We pay you in exposure! That's invaluable! Also you owe us 25% of your money."

overgeeked

B/X Known World
"Dungeons & Dragons isn't really a brand - it's a culture, which is a million times better than a brand. And it's not like that doesn't have direct implications for the bottom line: D&D is on its most successful iteration ever precisely because it's a universal touchstone. I've heard - you know, from you - that streaming and podcasts are to thank for that. I can't really make heads or tails of your apology, but let me say this: you have entered treacherous waters entirely of your own volition. Literally just turn around, and walk back out."

Perfect.

Plokman

Explorer
Wow, Penny Arcade is standing with us. I may not agree with them all the time but expertly laser guided and tasteful, and I whole heartily agree! You can't fight Art! You can't fight that which feeds you and all the freaking monopoly billionaire keep testing, we keep shoving back ten fold!

It is such a sad thing to see the company that made Action Figure a household name try this Slag (Metal waste!) Fight with the wallet and word, we are the most powerful dragon you will ever see. More vindictive than a Green, more powerful than a Gold and with a soul of a Song Dragon!

Read your own material, hahaha and you don't have just one coming at you! You got a army of dragons like that and with how many of us are Adult Dragon class, you gotta know how derped you are!

overgeeked

B/X Known World
"Dungeons & Dragons isn't really a brand - it's a culture, which is a million times better than a brand. And it's not like that doesn't have direct implications for the bottom line: D&D is on its most successful iteration ever precisely because it's a universal touchstone. I've heard - you know, from you - that streaming and podcasts are to thank for that. I can't really make heads or tails of your apology, but let me say this: you have entered treacherous waters entirely of your own volition. Literally just turn around, and walk back out."

Perfect.
And apparently WotC listened. Literally just turned around and walked back out.

Remove ads