Spoilers Percy Jackson and The Olympians (warning spoilers)

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
BLUE JELLY BEANS!
One of my main criticisms of the film adaptation of Percy Jackson is how little in common any of the main characters have with their equivalents in the books. The characters that do have a personality in the movies aren't at all like how they are in the books (Grover being the most egregious example). With Rick Riordan being involved in writing this series, I already expected it to be infinitely better than the movies, but I still really appreciate bits like this. Percy in this series actually has a personality, which he was sorely lacking in the movies. Blue food, loyalty to his friends and family, actually feeling like a misfit, etc.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself here as the first season hasn't been fully released yet, but what we've seen so far gets me hopeful that my favorite stories from this series will finally be adapted with the respect that they deserve. It will be a dream come true if they can faithfully adapt all 5 main books. But, man, what I wouldn't give to get the sequel series adapted to. (IMO, both of the fourth books of both series are the best ones. Getting The Battle of the Labyrinth adapted would be amazing. The House of Hades would be a miracle.)

One of my main criticisms of the film adaptation of Percy Jackson is how little in common any of the main characters have with their equivalents in the books. The characters that do have a personality in the movies aren't at all like how they are in the books (Grover being the most egregious example). With Rick Riordan being involved in writing this series, I already expected it to be infinitely better than the movies, but I still really appreciate bits like this. Percy in this series actually has a personality, which he was sorely lacking in the movies. Blue food, loyalty to his friends and family, actually feeling like a misfit, etc.
You mean Peter Johnson? lol Perfect Job with Mr. D

I love the look of the camp.

The movies were fun if you knew nothing about the books at all, but were horrible adaptations, and the aging up of the main characters to being late teens, just to get some romance and/or teen sexual tension in there, was stupid.

This show is much more accurate to the books and that makes it fun in a different way from the movies and makes this the superior version. Seeing the correct version of scenes in the show versus the movie scenes is interesting as well.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
It's been a long time since I read the original PJ books but what I am seeing I am liking a lot better than the movies. (I did read the Magnus Chase books last year, just haven't reread PJ for a while.)

It does feel like it's moving very fast - Percy feels like he's in camp for like 3 days by the end of Ep 2, even with the montage of Luke taking him around.

Remove ads