[PF]Cruel skies IC

Lughart

First Post
Werit: You can cast as many Orisons per day as you want, so no need to be wastin 1st levels spells if you feel like conserving.

As Tyrien descends into the ravine, the tapping noise gets louder. When she reaches the bottom, it sounds like the footsteps of a hundred people, far beneath the ground. Shar gets uneasy upon noticing the sound, but keeps quiet.

The tracks lead further through the ravine, but 80' from the slopes bottom one pair of bootprints break off from the main group and leads down a hole. The rest of the tracks keep going the same direction as far as you can see.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien continues to be stealthy at the bottom of the ravine and looks into the hole with the lone boot prints.

She signals the others to go ahead and proceed down into the ravine to catch up. Shar remains close and protective.

[sblock=OOC]Taking 10's on Stealth & Perception: Tyrien=24/21, Shar=21/16. Anything to be learned from the boot prints? Take 10 on Survival (19) if necessary.[/sblock]

LieraAvatar2.jpg
Tyrien's Sheet
Sharliel.jpg

Werit finds somewhere to tie up the four lame and one semi-healed horse, grunting as his thick fingers try to work the rope into a knot. "Blast it!" When reasonably assured that the beasts won't amble off while he's away, Werit hoists his waraxe and trundles down into the ravine after the others.

Werit is wearing a magical breastplate and carrying a full complement of metal weaponry. I'm just guessing, but it seems reasonable that he would make a great deal of noise, despite any attempts otherwise.

Lughart

First Post
OOC: I'm assuming everyone follows the group down. If Elerion or Oog wants to remain above they can, since they haven't said anything to the contrary.

Close examination of the tracks let's Tyrien confirm two things. One, the person who entered here went in, but not out. He is either still here, or left by another route. Two, the tracks seem too light for a human. They don't press as deeply into the sand as a grown humanoid would, but are too big to belong to a halfling or gnome.

When the rest of the group descends into the ravine Tyrien hears the tapping noise get louder. Looking down the hole she is standing by, she sees an enormous insect scrambling towards her.

The rest of the group has almost rejoined Tyrien when they too hear the tapping footsteps, quickly getting louder. A few seconds later black hornets the size of big dogs start crawling out of the holes.

Last edited:

Lughart

First Post
Code:
[COLOR=Sienna][COLOR=White]  lAlBlClDlElFlGlHlIlJlKlLlMlNlOlPlQlRlSl[/COLOR]
 [COLOR=White]1[/COLOR]lOlOlOlOlO[COLOR=White]l l[/COLOR]OlOlOlOlOlOlOlOlOlO[COLOR=White]l l[/COLOR]OlOl
 [COLOR=White]2[/COLOR]lOlOlOlOlO[COLOR=White]l l[/COLOR]OlOlOlOlOlOlOlOlOlO[COLOR=White]l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]h[/COLOR]l[/COLOR]OlOl
 [COLOR=White]3[/COLOR]lOlOlOlOlO[COLOR=White]l l[/COLOR]OlOlOlOlOlOlOlOlOlO[COLOR=White]l l[/COLOR]OlOl
 [/COLOR]4l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]T[/COLOR]l l l
 5l l l l l l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]h[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
 6l l l l l l l l l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]O[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l
 7l l l l l l l l l l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]E[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l
 8l l l l l l l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]R[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l
 9l l l l l l l l l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]W[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l
10l l l l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]h[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
11l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
12l l l l l l l l l l[COLOR=RoyalBlue]h[/COLOR]l l l l l l l l l l
13l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
14[COLOR=Sienna]lOlO[/COLOR]l l[COLOR=Sienna]OlOlOlOlOlOlO[/COLOR]l l[COLOR=Sienna]OlOlOlOlOlOlOlOl[/COLOR]
15[COLOR=Sienna]lOlO[/COLOR]l l[COLOR=Sienna]OlOlOlOlOlOlO[/COLOR]l l[COLOR=Sienna]OlOlOlOlOlOlOlOl[/COLOR]
16[COLOR=Sienna]lOlO[/COLOR]l l[COLOR=Sienna]OlOlOlOlOlOlO[/COLOR]l l[COLOR=Sienna]OlOlOlOlOlOlOlOl[/COLOR]

l l = 5' square
[COLOR=Sienna]lOl[/COLOR] = impassable
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]W[/COLOR] = Werit 
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]E[/COLOR] = Elerion
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]O[/COLOR] = Oog
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]T[/COLOR] = Tyrien
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]R[/COLOR] = Throrg
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]h[/COLOR] = hornet
Code:
Combatant    AC   HP   In hand        Other effect
Hornetx4     15   26   NA             None
Oog          20   42   Greataxe       None
Tyrien       19   30   None           None
Werit        20   33   Waraxe/shield  None
Throrg       16   52   None           None
Elerion      19   29   None           None
Noone failed the perception checks, so noone is surprised, and everyone gets normal turns immediately. Just act in whatever order you like, then I'll recap.

BTW: If your AC seems too low, its because you haven't drawn your shield. I assumed that since Werit drew his axe out of combat, his shield is also at the ready.

Last edited:

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
"Oog will stay and watch" he says, before the hornets come out of the ravine, he will then charge and attack the nearest hornet at F5

attacks to come

EDIT: not sure if I hit it but I probably killed it if I did. you messed with the wrong Half-Orc's buddies!

[sblock=Mini Stat Block]
HP: 36/36
AC: 20, Touch 11, Flat Footed 19
Initiative: +1
CMB: +9
CMD: 20
Fort: +6
Ref: +2
Will +1
Speed 20'

Greataxe: +11 = +4 (BAB) + 5 (Stat) +1 (feat) +1 (Magic) (1d12+10)20 X3
Battleaxe: +9 = +4 (BAB) + 5 (Stat) (1d8+5)20 X3

Darkvision 60'
Perception +0
Survival +7[/sblock]

Last edited:

Padreigh

First Post
"I hate insects", Elerion says with a distinct look of distaste on his face. He quickly draws his rapier and readies his shield, ready for the insects to make their move.

[sblock=ooc]Move action: Draw weapon, Standard action: ready shield [/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Throrg draws his Greatsword and waits for the hornet to approach him before attacking it. "Here kitty kitty" he bellows to attract its attention. With a mighty whack, Throrg takes a chunk out of the hornet. Much to his surprise it still keeps moving.

[sblock=OOC]Move Action: Draw Weapon.
Ready Standard Action: Attack hornet as soon as it comes within range.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads