[PF] Way of the Wicked - Golarian

Kaodi

Hero
Herik opens the door to the guard room just in time to hear Grumblejack's skeptical analysis of the situation. With a self-satisfied grin, he answers, " Well, for one, we now have a map. "

The nobleman pulls the paper out of his shirt and lays it flat on the table. " I passed right by these two guards, and they did not seem to be concerned by me at all, " he says, pointing to the two guards at the door to the keep. " I was lucky enough to pick the door leading right to Blackerly's office, where I found this. I did not, however, tarry to explore how many others are present in the keep. "

Pointing to the bedroom besides the office, he continues, " I do not know if Blackerly is asleep or not, but I could try to go back down and either slit his throat in his sleep, or lure him back up here for us to ambush. Alternatively, we could perhaps try to put these two guards to sleep and then rush the door to bar it, leaving us only to clear out the mess and kitchen before we have secured this building. "

" Whether we secure the building or not, the big question then becomes how do we keep the inner portcullis of the gatehouse closed. If we can secure that, then it will become much easier to deal with whatever guardsmen remain on the inside. "

Pointing to the yellow dot, Herik adds, " I do not know what this is, but with any luck it is something we can turn to our advantage. "

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Aljalyraq, Black dragon-type Eidolon, Evil Outsider

Aljarlyraq glares at the ogre and remarks, "I have killed. She summons me, that is enough."

[sblock=Mini-stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 11 Current: 11
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +0
Conditions in Effect: Pounce, Power Attack (-1Att/+2dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite, 2 Claws[/sblock]_____________________

DM-PMiller-1.png
Character Sheets: Aljalyraq

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Summoner

Firvinianna gives the ogre a haughty look, "You try my patience, ogre. But, words mean nothing. Actions will prove themselves in the end."

Looking to the others, she suggests, "One thing at a time. Can you lure those two guards down here into an ambush? I think Aljarlyraq and Grumble can deal with them easily, conserving spells for harder problems to deal with."

"If they have no access to the alarm, then even their screams in death will just be part of the prison noise."

"After we can decide on the next course to take."

[sblock=Mini-stats]Initiative: +3
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Summon Monster I: 6/6 remaining
Cantrips:
Read Magic, Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Daze
1st level Spells: 2/2 (Mage Armor, Lesser Eidolon Rejuvenation)[/sblock]___________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Character Sheet: Firvinianna Laali

Shayuri

First Post
Zelda peers at the map, thinking.

"That looks like a dining hall, perhaps," she muses, tapping the room with the yellow mark. "And the mark is over the wall over the river. I wonder if it's a garderobe...marked because it's a possible way out."

She looks at Herik.

"We don't necessarily have to get to a door to escape this place...just to a spot we can use that window to make a new exit. As for the guards down there, it seems like a brief distraction to give Grumblejack and your dragon a chance to take them unaware would be useful."

ghostcat

First Post
"Don't count on me for any more sleep spells. I've one more left and I want to save that for an emergency. However, I can make distracting noises as many times has you want." says Quigly, smiling at his pun.

Turning to Grumblejack, Quigly says "As it happens, I have never killed anyone. Not through scruples. I just consider I've failed if I need to eliminate my mark."

ahayford

First Post
Grumblejack lumbers to his feet, and tests the weight of his new cudgel.

The sneaky one is back. Grumblejack is ready to crush. If you have a plan, Grumblejack will follow...Otherwise, Grumblejack will kill as many of the tin men as he can before joining my kin.

Kaodi

Hero
" I favour taking hold of the keep as our initial step, " says Herik. " I will attempt to neutralize Blackerly, or at least lure him here with he two soldiers on guard. If things do not go according to plan, Grumblejack ought to engage the guards at the door, then secure the door from opening while we clean up the mess, kitchen, and quarters. If we can do that without raising the alarm, then we can hold position and figure how to keep the inner gate shut while we deal with the guards. If the alarm is raised, I suggest we still fight our way to the gatehouse while Grumblejack keeps the guards busy, and keep the outer and/or inner gates closed. "

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Aljalyraq, Black dragon-type Eidolon, Evil Outsider

Aljarlyraq clacks his claws on the stone floor and remarks, "Bring the guards, I will deal with them."

[sblock=Mini-stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 11 Current: 11
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +0
Conditions in Effect: Pounce, Power Attack (-1Att/+2dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite, 2 Claws[/sblock]_____________________

DM-PMiller-1.png
Character Sheets: Aljalyraq

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Summoner

Firvinianna shakes her head, "Just lure the two guards here first. That should be simple and two are easier to dispatch than three."

"Then we can stalk Blackerly while he is alone, if he is even in this building. Looking at the map, there are not too many places in here for him to be if you did not find him yet."

[sblock=Mini-stats]Initiative: +3
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Summon Monster I: 6/6 remaining
Cantrips:
Read Magic, Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Daze
1st level Spells: 2/2 (Mage Armor, Lesser Eidolon Rejuvenation)[/sblock]___________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Character Sheet: Firvinianna Laali

Caim

First Post
Rath listens to Firvinianna as she lays out the plan to dispatch the guards. "I agree. The guards first then Blackerly. He may give us more trouble than the average guard." He strecths a bit as he prepares for a coming the coming fight.

Remove ads