• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PFS #41: Crypt of Fools

soulnova

Explorer
Before going down the stairs, Isandra will look through mite and the derro's stuff to see if they had orders, keys or anything that might help them. Then she will grab their light source and follow from behind.

IronWolf

blank
Isandra makes a final check of the fallen bodies for any identifying orders or keys, but finds nothing. With that check complete the group takes up their positions and begins winding their way down the wet stairs that cling to the outer walls of the cistern. The stairs wind down for about 30' of elevation change before coming to a door at the bottom of the cistern, the trickle of water from the fountain flowing under the gap at the bottom of the door.

The door opens easily into the chamber beyond revealing an enormous room lies ahead, filled with dozens of family crypts decorated with family names, heraldic crests, and a variety of death-themed statuary. The walls, floor, and ceiling are made of smooth, polished s tone, and the crypts are made of thick, square blocks of granite. A handful of statues stand throughout the room, though they don’t seem to be placed with any plan—some face the wall, some lie on their sides, and others are damaged beyond repair. The northwest quarter of the room is dominated almost entirely by a single large crypt. The name “Ismacco” is displayed across the front of the crypt.

[sblock=OOC]

I neglected to put the map I wanted into Dropbox, so it will be a bit before I get a map posted. Essentially you are in what appears to be a large crypt, about 130' wide by 230' long. The northwest corner is occupied by much larger single crypt (sort of a crypt within a crypt).

There is a small set of stiars that lead up to the larger crypt at the northwest corner of the room.

[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
[sblock=OOC]

My posting is going to be sporadic for a bit. Family emergency. I suspect I will be posting in bursts simply for the escape from reality, but don't be surprised by a few days lapse of post from me.

Keep posting your actions though and I will keep the game moving forward.

[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
"This should be THE Crypt of Fools" Isandra whispered not entirely at ease. How long since anyone attended to these tombs? That was not good at all. She felt out of her element since this place had never seen the benevolent light of the sun. "Let's move about carefully" she unconsciously grabbed her Holy Symbol.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Jalil takes note of Isandra's anxiety and slaps her shoulder reasuringly. "Fear not, little sister. Though no sunlight has ever graced this place, we are never far from Her kind regard."

Nevertheless, he keeps an arrow knocked as he begins to look around amongst the sarcophagi. Rashim, Rashim . . . You are here somewhere . . .

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads