D&D 5E PHB is #3 right now on "Amazon's Hot New Releases"

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Still hanging in there...

#15/#25/#1

D&D still covers the top 5 in fantasy gaming and the PHB is the 8th most wished for book.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Something noteworthy pointed out by someone named BadMike on the WOTC boards:

5th editon PHB has racked up more 5 star reviews in one month (159) than the 5 and 4 star reviews the 4th edition PHB accumulated over 6 years (145).

It's also more than half-way to all the 5 star reviews for Pathfinder Core Book, or PHB 3e...in a month.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
Something noteworthy pointed out by someone named BadMike on the WOTC boards:

5th editon PHB has racked up more 5 star reviews in one month (159) than the 5 and 4 star reviews the 4th edition PHB accumulated over 6 years (145).

It's also more than half-way to all the 5 star reviews for Pathfinder Core Book, or PHB 3e...in a month.

I'm sure you've thought of it, but I would guess the average product generates more reviews, overall, now than in 2000.

Despite that caveat, that's an impressive number of 5 star reviews and an interesting comparison.

Is the PHB out of stock at Amazon?

It appears to be, which gives us another, quite positive seeming, data point.

Thaumaturge.

Iosue

Legend
I'm sure you've thought of it, but I would guess the average product generates more reviews, overall, now than in 2000.

Sure, but he's comparing a 2014 product with a 2008 product and a 2009 product. Amazon was huge in 2008, so it's a much better comparison.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
Sure, but he's comparing a 2014 product with a 2008 product and a 2009 product. Amazon was huge in 2008, so it's a much better comparison.

Oh no doubt. I just figured someone would raise the point sooner or later, so I got the ball rolling.

I still think there's probably some acceleration from 2008 to 2014, but my guess is it's less. Still, 5e is doing quite well out of the gates.

Thaumaturge.

ki11erDM

Explorer
It is sold out... man. Is that really unusual? Did the 3e do that within the first few months? Wonder how long it is going to take to get it back in stock.

Remove ads