D&D (2024) PHB Playtest Packet 7 drops Thrusday, September 7.

Vael

Legend
Huh. Fighters can expend a Second Wind use to add a D10 to ability checks, trying to give them some out of combat utility. They can also expend a use to get a free disengage. They are trying to push the idea that the fighter is the tactician.

ETA: They experimented with giving the Battle Master maneuvers to the base class, but it didn't make it past the internal playtest.

OB1

Jedi Master
I'm not surprised. The time window overlap between "receive and process survey feedback" and "prepare a new UA for release" just didn't allow for it.
I was hopeful that was the reason behind the delay, but not surprised either. Hope they take a deep look at how Monks are faring in BG3. I have a sense that the pure numbers behind the monk don't translate well to actual play, similar to how the 'mechanically best' Flex weapon mastery didn't.

The most shocking thing to me is Clockwork Sorcerer made it instead, between that and the Bard change very disappointed. But the Summoning spells from Tasha's are confirmed in, Re they replacing Conjure X spell or we get both is not mentioned.

Also the Invocation Feat just got better with pact boons becoming invocation if there isn't a level prerequisite to them. Wizards and other classes can have improved familiar again.

Remove ads