D&D 5E PHB Races Redone

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Hopefully people can leave their manufactured outrage at the door.

Mod Note:
And we were hoping folks would leave their pre-emptive, personal jab, dogwistle dismissals at the door too, but that hope has been dashed.

Make a relevant point, or move along.

Any thought on redone Dwarf above?
It is good.
I like it.
1 more hp for everone is great.
Ignoring exhaustion is also great.
All enforces dwarves are very resilient without having a stat bonus.

Only one quibble: I would like a per short rest power for every race.
So maybe instead of ignoring exhaustion alltogether (which is very strong), I would add:
Bonus action: spend a hit die and regain hp as if you had a short rest. For the next ten minutes, you can ignore the effect of exhaustion.

Eubani

Legend
It is good.
I like it.
1 more hp for everone is great.
Ignoring exhaustion is also great.
All enforces dwarves are very resilient without having a stat bonus.

Only one quibble: I would like a per short rest power for every race.
So maybe instead of ignoring exhaustion alltogether (which is very strong), I would add:
Bonus action: spend a hit die and regain hp as if you had a short rest. For the next ten minutes, you can ignore the effect of exhaustion.
I am in 2 minds on the last part. What I have is simple and fits, but your last idea adds the race mechanic actively in play.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I agree with you on Fleet of Foot but Mask of the Wild seems to be learned.
Eh seems innate to me, but I’m fine with agreeing to disagree.

I also don’t agree that the high elf cantrip is cultural. The High Elves are innately magical, and this manifests as every high elf, even one raised by wolves, being able to do magic. I wouldn’t expect an otherwise nonmagical wood elf or rock gnome raised in a High Elf family to have a cantrip.

Remove ads