D&D 5E PHB Races Redone

Eubani

Legend
I tied the cantrip to Fey ancestry which ties it to being a magical inheritance and allowed the choice to be from the Wizard or Druid list.

mrpopstar

Sparkly Dude
I also don’t agree that the high elf cantrip is cultural. The High Elves are innately magical, and this manifests as every high elf, even one raised by wolves, being able to do magic. I wouldn’t expect an otherwise nonmagical wood elf or rock gnome raised in a High Elf family to have a cantrip.
Although, their cantrips are Intelligence-based and chosen from the wizard's spell list, implying something learned versus something innate.

Eubani

Legend
Although, their cantrips are Intelligence-based and chosen from the wizard's spell list, implying something learned versus something innate.
The High Elf entry in the PHB states that High Elves "at least master the basics of magic", mastering something implies learning and training. Having said that, tying the cantrip to Fey Ancestry makes it make sense and gives the elf the touch of magic they have been missing for a while. Allowing to choose from Wizard list or Druid list further shows the ties to both nature and magic.

mrpopstar

Sparkly Dude
The High Elf entry in the PHB states that High Elves "at least master the basics of magic", mastering something implies learning and training. Having said that, tying the cantrip to Fey Ancestry makes it make sense and gives the elf the touch of magic they have been missing for a while. Allowing to choose from Wizard list or Druid list further shows the ties to both nature and magic.
Something to consider regarding my response to @doctorbadwolf: All fey in the Monster Manual with innate spellcasting use Charisma as their spellcasting ability. -- That's what I was speaking to.
:)

Eubani

Legend
The funny thing is that this could be interpreted to apply to either...um..."team".
This thread has zero to do with morality or alignment thus I wanted such discussion regardless on which side you stand not brought in to this thread. Lets face it, these discussions of late seem to only have one trajectory which is shut down either due to personal attacks or getting mired in the whole Orc/Drow thing.

Eubani

Legend
Next up Halflings
+Dex Seeya
Speed 25ft
Lucky (A thing but not cultural)
Brave (Biological)
Halfling Nimbleness (Biological)
Languages Seeya

Subraces give Naturally Stealthy & Stout Resilience (Both Biological)

Nearly everything is Biological I suppose the next question is what makes a Halfling a Hafling then how can we express that?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I disagree. Any such implication is incidental.

They all mastwr at least some basic magic. That means they’re inherently magical, because that isn’t something that is even possible for other peoples.

Remove ads