Picard season 2 (spoilers maybe unmarked)

So, Tallinn is Laris, right? That's why she uses Romulan tech? And is Renee really the one being watched? And Soong seems way more important to the alternate timeline than she does.

Mezuka

Hero
For the second week in a row, the cable guy fracked up the broadcast. Someone at the switchboard starts the time slot with Elementary for about 15 minutes, then wakes up switches to Picard... because I record the show I don't have the last 15 minutes of the episodes.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I just watched the episode last night. Have to say that I'm pretty much on the same wavelength as what Morris posted above.

I've enjoyed the season. I admit I haven't been very demanding of it, but it's been fun. But this was the first episode where I started looking at my phone during the episode. It just didn't hold my interest. More importantly, the "fun" and enjoyment (aka, suspension of disbelief) that normally papers over the rough spots just didn't work here, to the extent that the whole Queen/Blackout/Spotlight/Singing just ... it didn't work. At all.

So- we'll see. It wasn't terrible, but it was definitely my least favorite episode yet.

Ryujin

Legend
I know the makers of Picard hate Star Trek and just spam out the show for money. And they don't know and don't care about Star Trek lore and history.

But.....

The Eugenic wars took place in the 90's . 2024 is right before World War Three.
Yes, The Eugenics War took place in the '90s, according to TOS. The problem is that we have 30 years of history in the real world to account for since then. So in terms of continuity, not actual years, The Eugenics War should be coming up. As they say, "Records from this time are spotty, at best." We're presented with someone who is actively trying to make enhanced humans, so the logic follows.

Horwath

Legend
best thing about this episode is that is just under 39min.
At least they eased somewhat on useless filler.

last episode was 41mins.

If we calculate intro and outro credits, needless recap every single time, E06 useless and spoiling Picard jumps to future, cutting out some jiberish, episode 5&6 could have been one 55min episode like opening two.

But it is interesting that every single episode is shorter than that before it.

They are really running out of fillers :D

edit:
run time: 38:51

recap: 3 minutes
intro theme: 2 minutes
end credits plus Jurati's useless walking scene 1:21
picards future foresight: about 0:45

total 31:45 of content.

Last edited:

best thing about this episode is that is just under 39min.
At least they eased somewhat on useless filler.

last episode was 41mins.

If we calculate intro and outro credits, needless recap every single time, E06 useless and spoiling Picard jumps to future, cutting out some jiberish, episode 5&6 could have been one 55min episode like opening two.

But it is interesting that every single episode is shorter than that before it.

They are really running out of fillers :D
I'd guess the length of the last two episodes was intended as a pacing device for when the show is binged later on.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I’ve got the best version on right now!

CE9A9DCB-BA4F-4CBE-BBC0-4D2507F97AE8.jpeg

Remove ads