Picard Season 3

So.....it seems that they are heading down the story that Jack is not human and not the son of Picard and Beverly. Lets hope they don't go there...that kind of ruins the show.

But look Jack can control people with telekinetic telepathy(humm...like he is the son of Professor X). This fits in with my theory that they will just Jack to control the galaxy(humm...you know the son of Professor X is legion..).

Lets see the "Conspricy" slug aliens!

I mean it does feel like it's kind of too late to establish any new entity as being the thing behind the big floating head big bad and make them a satisfying antagonist (or antagonist behind the antagonist), so my money is increasingly on it being something from Star Trek history. While I'd prefer something less obscure than the parasite slugs from Conspiracy, I also kind of love the idea of an unresolved plot line from 35 years ago getting revisited. They were supposed to be coming. It just took them much longer to arrive than expected.

Ryujin

Legend
So.....it seems that they are heading down the story that Jack is not human and not the son of Picard and Beverly. Lets hope they don't go there...that kind of ruins the show.

But look Jack can control people with telekinetic telepathy(humm...like he is the son of Professor X). This fits in with my theory that they will just Jack to control the galaxy(humm...you know the son of Professor X is legion..).

Having the son of Professor X be Legion, in a completely different cinematic universe, would be... weird.

MarkB

Legend
Doesn't seem that way to me. This episode reinforces my speculation from last week, that what was supposedly Irumodic Syndrome in both Picard and Jack is actually something else entirely. That's why they stole Picard's original body, and it's also why they want Jack, so yes they are very much father and son.
Maybe, but I don't think these powers are entirely innate. There's something else involved. Perhaps it's a Pah Wraith, and they need both Jack and Picard's bodies to reconstitute it fully.
That would not entirely surprise me at this point.

Ryujin

Legend
Doesn't seem that way to me. This episode reinforces my speculation from last week, that what was supposedly Irumodic Syndrome in both Picard and Jack is actually something else entirely. That's why they stole Picard's original body, and it's also why they want Jack, so yes they are very much father and son.

Maybe, but I don't think these powers are entirely innate. There's something else involved. Perhaps it's a Pah Wraith, and they need both Jack and Picard's bodies to reconstitute it fully.

That would not entirely surprise me at this point.
I'm thinking evolution/transhumanism. Perhaps Irumodic Syndrome is a genetic expression of the advancement? A combination of the genetics that allowed Wesley to transcend as a Traveller, from his mother, and whatever advancement Picard has made?

Jack's telepathy could be result either of something like the Founder's Great Link or the Borg Hive Mind.

I seem to remember people speculated in Season 1 or Season 2 that Picards Irumodic Syndrome might have been caused by his Borg assimilation. And some speculate that Jack "inherited" some Borg nanites or something from his father.

If we want to go further out:
Another telepathic species that comes to mind would be Species 8472, they also had apparently shapeshifting abilities (or biotechnology for it).
Maybe it's actually the Pah-Wraiths - Beverly's ghost lamp turns out be actually be a renegade Pah-wraith, and she left something behind that made Jack special.
Or maybe it's something else.

I think the interesting thing is that Jack seems to gain special fighting abilities from this trait. In theory, the Great Link might also be used to share skills, but it's never really shown that it does. The Borg Hive Mind does.

I was wondering the same.

Do we have a complete list of the beings who have possessed/controlled/bodily invaded Picard? It seems like any predictions re: this would need that info. So we have two factoids:

1) "It's not Irumodic Syndrome".

2) There's something inside Picard's body that the baddies want.

And I think the list of beings which have possessed/controlled Picard is probably extremely long. I'm guessing more than 1 per season? I don't even want to start on it lol. But it could be any number of beings/forces.

I was wondering the same.

Do we have a complete list of the beings who have possessed/controlled/bodily invaded Picard? It seems like any predictions re: this would need that info. So we have two factoids:

1) "It's not Irumodic Syndrome".

2) There's something inside Picard's body that the baddies want.

And I think the list of beings which have possessed/controlled Picard is probably extremely long. I'm guessing more than 1 per season? I don't even want to start on it lol. But it could be any number of beings/forces.
I think that list is the same length as the list of times kirk and or Riker hooked up with aliens.

Remove ads