Picard Season 3

Stalker0

Legend
There's something inside Picard's body that the baddies want.
Yeah to me it's got to more to it than just "we need his DNA".

DNA is not THAT hard to come by, especially for a race that has seemingly infiltrated the federation at the highest levels. It can't be that hard to come by some picard dna if that was your primary motivator, certainly easier than breaking in to the federation's highest security facility.

Yeah to me it's got to more to it than just "we need his DNA".
Datalore literally said so, when they activated him in earlier in the episode, before Lore side took back over again - he said there's something inside you they need to extract, and the way he said it suggested it was something more physical than mere DNA (a Borg implant would make sense - I'm guessing they weren't able to remove absolutely all of them - though why they need it from Locutus and not some rando Borg they could bushwack I dunno).

I forget to account for the Q Continuum as another explanation. Or more specificially - why was Q so interested in Picard? Maybe he has that little spark that will bring humanity to another level, and so does his son, and it's united with that little spark that turned Wesley into a traveller.
There are an awful lot of people on the Trek forums who think Picard and Jack are both somehow the "next evolution of humanity", and are not, it seems, making an X-men joke as I might expect. I have to say I am totally not seeing it. Neither of them is that exceptional. And the idea that Q has some kind of elaborate motivation based on magic powers Picard potentially has seems to utterly fly in the face of Q's behaviour and personality to me. Q liked Picard because Picard was fun to torment (and probably Q knew he was important to the future of the Federation), but I think if Picard was a magic special boy in a sense beyond that, that would have been a turn OFF for Q, not a turn on.

Ryujin

Legend
There are an awful lot of people on the Trek forums who think Picard and Jack are both somehow the "next evolution of humanity", and are not, it seems, making an X-men joke as I might expect. I have to say I am totally not seeing it. Neither of them is that exceptional. And the idea that Q has some kind of elaborate motivation based on magic powers Picard potentially has seems to utterly fly in the face of Q's behaviour and personality to me. Q liked Picard because Picard was fun to torment (and probably Q knew he was important to the future of the Federation), but I think if Picard was a magic special boy in a sense beyond that, that would have been a turn OFF for Q, not a turn on.
There were comments that would lead one to believe that the Q saw humanity as a threat, who would some day get to their level. That could have been the starting point for Q's interest in Picard.

There were comments that would lead one to believe that the Q saw humanity as a threat, who would some day get to their level. That could have been the starting point for Q's interest in Picard.
I guess. That doesn't really make a lot of sense to me though. Esp. as we've seen the 32nd century and it's evident that no super-advanced humans are around. If anything they seem a bit dimmer than the 24th century.

Ryujin

Legend
I guess. That doesn't really make a lot of sense to me though. Esp. as we've seen the 32nd century and it's evident that no super-advanced humans are around. If anything they seem a bit dimmer than the 24th century.
Either time is malleable (which we have seen it is), or not everyone gets to be a super psychic (and we also don't see hordes of Travellers around in the 32nd Century).

I have a book called Q&A that basically explain why Q was interested in Picard basically he didn't want the universe to end, but feared The Borg would find Them (the ones with the power to erase the universe).

Either time is malleable (which we have seen it is), or not everyone gets to be a super psychic (and we also don't see hordes of Travellers around in the 32nd Century).
I mean, maybe, or maybe Q's assertions re: humanity becoming their equal are like, wildly long-term, like tens of thousands or even millions of years, and in both cases, Picard would not likely be much of an impact on that.

I have a book called Q&A that basically explain why Q was interested in Picard basically he didn't want the universe to end, but feared The Borg would find Them (the ones with the power to erase the universe).

That's a fascinating angle, though beta canon. I like it.

Remove ads