Picard Season 3

MarkB

Legend
Is it good? I'm not reading the rest of the thread to avoid spoilers, but should I watch it? I liked season one okay, but I only endured season 2 because I wanted to get to season 3 and see the old crew back together. Please tell me it was worth it, because season 2 was one of the stupidest things I've ever watched.
The consensus is that season 3 is a lot better than seasons 1 and 2.

Is it good? I'm not reading the rest of the thread to avoid spoilers, but should I watch it? I liked season one okay, but I only endured season 2 because I wanted to get to season 3 and see the old crew back together. Please tell me it was worth it, because season 2 was one of the stupidest things I've ever watched.
Did you like Star Trek TNG and DS9 and VOY? If yes, you should watch it. It's "close to" TNG season 8 .....with old jokes!

Mort

Legend
Supporter

IMO, It is leaps and bounds better than season 1 & 2.

I love Patrick Stewart and yet I'd rank Picard 1 & 2 among the worst of trek.

I'm still not a big fan of the, essentially, 10 hour movie format that Picard has adopted. Despite that, I find this season very watchable and above all fun.

Ryujin

Legend
It's packed with every weapon imaginable and a few more. Such ships tend to be a bit of a powder keg.
It also didn't have most of its crew aboard so no one to immediately react to the attack, alter shields, etc.. Maybe they didn't even have shields up, at all, because they had full control of Titan?

I'm thinking that we've seen the "compromised codes" thing before. Then again maybe that was in "The Orville"?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
What happened to Picard's body? Last we saw it, it was on the blown up ship. Sure, we can assume that Deanna, Riker, and Worf brought it back with them, but the last we saw them they were walking out of the room with a "let's get out of here!"-vibe.

MarkB

Legend
It also didn't have most of its crew aboard so no one to immediately react to the attack, alter shields, etc.. Maybe they didn't even have shields up, at all, because they had full control of Titan?
Or Worf, Raffi, Deanna and Riker disabled them before they beamed off.
I'm thinking that we've seen the "compromised codes" thing before. Then again maybe that was in "The Orville"?
If you mean Riker's signal from last week, they've had some similar things before, back in the original series there was a time or two that the away team were able to alert the Enterprise that they were under duress by not giving a key phrase when calling in.

If you mean the override code from this week, there is of course the Prefix Code scene from Wrath of Khan, where Kirk and Spock use the Enterprise's console to operate the Reliant's controls and lower their shields.

Ryujin

Legend
Or Worf, Raffi, Deanna and Riker disabled them before they beamed off.
Also possible.
If you mean Riker's signal from last week, they've had some similar things before, back in the original series there was a time or two that the away team were able to alert the Enterprise that they were under duress by not giving a key phrase when calling in.

If you mean the override code from this week, there is of course the Prefix Code scene from Wrath of Khan, where Kirk and Spock use the Enterprise's console to operate the Reliant's controls and lower their shields.
I mean the "compromised prefix code" that Riker gave, to indicate that he'd been captured, not stuff like "queen to queen's level 3" from TOS.

Sorry, folks. I should have been using spoiler tags.

Hex08

Hero
Watch it!!

Remove ads