Picard Season 3

MarkB

Legend
My assumption is that it was damaged by the skirmish with the Titan (plus it needed work to strip out the fleet-mode circuits or whatever they were called), and they decided it was not worth the effort. Especially when there were persumably a bunch of ships that were in a similar boat but newer.
There was a one-year time skip. The F could have gone on to have any number of adventures in that time, before being either decommissioned or destroyed.

glass

(he, him)
Surely the Titan was both older and in worse shape than the Enterprise F? Given that it was the ship Riker transferred to while the Enterprise E was still in service, and all the damage it took not just in that episode but the season as a whole.
Riker transferred to the original Titan from the Enterprise-E, not the Titan-A. The latter was new at the beginning of the season (albeit with a couple of bits incorporated from its predecessor), so a few weeks old at most EDIT: not counting the year's timeskip.

We do not know exactly how long ago the Enterprise-F replaced the Enterprise-E (only that it was somehow Worf's fault), but we can safely assume it was more than a few weeks ago!

ETA:
There was a one-year time skip. The F could have gone on to have any number of adventures in that time, before being either decommissioned or destroyed.
It could, but since they would presumably have still had to repair the damage and strip out the bad stuff (on the whole fleet). And then have the adventures, and then decommission (and we know it was decomissioned not destroyed, because we saw the news report). It is a lot to fit into a year.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
What happened to the Enterprise F?

Also: I thoroughly enjoyed that. I do hope we get the Seven/Jack/Raffi spin-off. Though not having Paramount+, I doubt I'd actually see it. :)

Edit to add: This really needs to be the last time we see the Borg in a villain role. They've now been done to death.
I definitely think that I'd watch that show. Feel cheated that they cut Seven off before she could deliver the line.

Ryujin

Legend
Oh, one caveat about the theoretical spin-off, and indeed any and all future Trek shows: brighter lighting is an absolute must. I have no interest in trying to watch them if I simply can't see them. Some of the stuff on the Titan in that most recent episode was almost unwatchable.
I would agree. My dislike of Dark Trek doesn't just extend to the figurative.

Clint_L

Hero
Apparently that was a different faction. I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see them pop up again - hard to see one ship managing against the whole fleet without some sort of allies.
I'm good with them dropping all the storylines from seasons 1-2. I kind of like how season 3 is more or less pretending they never happened, with the unfortunate exception of keeping Raffi around. Picard's relationship with Laris made no sense and had zero chemistry; they dropped it like a hot potato and I almost immediately forgot about it.

Carlsen Chris

Explorer
Oh, one caveat about the theoretical spin-off, and indeed any and all future Trek shows: brighter lighting is an absolute must. I have no interest in trying to watch them if I simply can't see them. Some of the stuff on the Titan in that most recent episode was almost unwatchable.
Tune your television.

Remove ads